DWP Recruiting Again - 2012

Options

Comments

• TeaCake
    TeaCake Posts: 429 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2012 at 11:14PM
    Options
    100 vacancies in the area. No wonder why im left waiting an hour or longer to be seen past my appointment time.

They have the 'Guaranteed Interview Scheme', so at least many disabled people will get a chance a proving themselves at a interview.

Lets see if they offer me an interview. :D
  • AleksandrOrlov
    Options
    I left my fixed term role in October 2010, after working with JCP city for 11 months, started a 2 year contract with local government (Newham council), left at just the right time.

Did apply yesterday, very different process this time, completed application with 5 competencies then told passed that stage and had to complete a 75 minute test, 36 questions.

Wait to see what happens now.
  • matt1987
    matt1987 Posts: 897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am assuming with the competency, you have to hit only 1 of the sub headings in the core competencies in your answer? Obviously some people have had minimal experience in managing people or none atall and are therefore not able to meet every sub heading in every competency.

I dont think they explain how to hit the competencies very well to be honest. When I did the Police application it was a lot bigger but they at least explained properly what they are after. It is quite confusing.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just added up the vacancy numbers in all of the adverts and the total is 2400. Whether that is really the number that will be taken on or not only time will tell.
  • scooterchick
    Options
    matt1987 wrote: »
    I am assuming with the competency, you have to hit only 1 of the sub headings in the core competencies in your answer? Obviously some people have had minimal experience in managing people or none atall and are therefore not able to meet every sub heading in every competency.

I dont think they explain how to hit the competencies very well to be honest. When I did the Police application it was a lot bigger but they at least explained properly what they are after. It is quite confusing.

You will have to give an example of how you meet the criteria for each competency. EO is the first management grade within the civil service therefore they will be looking for people with proven managerial experience, it's not an entry level grade.
  • hannah2712123
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm going to apply for this position later on today, has anybody already applied for these vacancies?

I just wondered, ( so that I can plan time on the computer as I noticed a 70 minute test was include) after you submit your application do they email you the link to the test straight away? Or do you have to wait for them to check your application first?

Also, what kind of questions are in the online test?

Thanks
  • AleksandrOrlov
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm going to apply for this position later on today, has anybody already applied for these vacancies?

I just wondered, ( so that I can plan time on the computer as I noticed a 70 minute test was include) after you submit your application do they email you the link to the test straight away? Or do you have to wait for them to check your application first?

Also, what kind of questions are in the online test?

Thanks

Yes, applied online yesterday...if you see my other post a few posts above....

Once i completed the application form i was emailed straight away with a link to the test.

I did the test straight away. the questions are management scenarios and you have to 'pull' figures and facts from the information provided along with some maths elements.

You also have to rate certain actions on a scale from -3 to +3.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The testing will be scored straight away. The compentencies will be examined if you pass the testing phase. For you to have an excellent chance at passing the written competency part, you will be expected to meet most of each section of each competency. If you pass both the test and the application competency sift then you will most likely be invited for interview, depending on how many others passed as well (everyone will be ranked in order of scores).

It is no easy task to write 1000 words ( 5 x 200) and make sure you explain the situation, what you did, how you did it and what the outcome was.

Good luck to all!

Oh, from what i understand there are 4000 posts across the UK. The 50 number is just a guesstimate and each district will know how many extra band C they need.
  • cherry-pie_3
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up op...I've applied for a couple of different areas. I was previously on a fixed term contract with the DWP (along with many others) and they let us all go in 2010. Interesting to see these roles are listed as permanent, and that there are so many of them. Hopefully they will all come to fruition :)
    When you're going through hell, keep going...
  • tsimehC
    tsimehC Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    cherry-pie wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up op...I've applied for a couple of different areas. I was previously on a fixed term contract with the DWP (along with many others) and they let us all go in 2010. Interesting to see these roles are listed as permanent, and that there are so many of them. Hopefully they will all come to fruition :)

No problem. I was due to end in 2010 as well but I got my contract extended as the number of unemployed was still getting higher (it still is I guess). I've done most of the competency part and looking to apply in multiple areas too but do you know if you need to do the tests again for each area you apply to? Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure