Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    stormchild
    provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
    • 14th Apr 11, 10:15 PM
    provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] 14th Apr 11 at 10:15 PM
    Hi, I'm 'self employed' as an agent with provident. In the current financial climate there are quite a few customers struggling with their debts but we the 'AGENTS' are essentially subsidising the company. They have brought in a new policy where if a customer falls behind in payments they are penalising us upto 15 depending on the state of their account. As of today I stand to lose 50 this week as I know these customers cannot pay the amounts being asked for. There are lots of people visiting C.A.B and entering Iva's debt management etc which are outwith our control yet they see fit to still go ahead with this draconian measure. Lots of people are unhappy with this and we appear to be helpless and unable to stop this. Does anyone have any advice they could possibly give?
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 11-05-2011 at 3:22 PM. Reason: Pending Investigation
Page 68
    • makeyourdaddyproud
    • By makeyourdaddyproud 8th Mar 16, 6:53 PM
    • 1,266 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    makeyourdaddyproud
    Get a proper job that you can be proud of.

You'll no longer just be another monkey exploiting vulnerable folk out of their last pennies. You might be able to hold your head up when you tell people what you do for a living.

The company you work for has helped ruin a lot of lives.
    Originally posted by Ginger.ice
    Why are you reviving a 5 year old thread?
    • TheLoanMan
    • By TheLoanMan 5th May 16, 4:48 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    TheLoanMan
    Not many posts to this thread anymore. would be interesting to hear from any current agents as to hows things are at the moment.

Provident announced interim figures for the first three months of the year, not great reading.

Home collected lost another 50,000 customers now standing at 850,000 and falling every quarter.

no growth at satsuma and reduced growth year on year from vanquis.
    • Ian_McD
    • By Ian_McD 9th May 16, 8:13 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ian_McD
    If you'd like to hear from and chat to agents regarding the current state of affairs you're most welcome to join us over at providentagents .co.uk
    • Trustman60
    • By Trustman60 14th Jul 16, 2:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Trustman60
    Loans
    ~Hi I was a customer with provident personal Credit from around the early 1980s
    On my loans were added to the amount were two payments one the interest which were extremely high the other the agent said we had to agree to otherwise we could not have the in question, over the years possibly early 2000 this was not added but your loan plus interest rate would still be the same. My question is what was the other payment for and did anyone else also pay this. Any help on this matter would be welcome.
    Many thanks Trustman60
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,988Users online

Martin's Twitter