Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jonboy69
    • By jonboy69 12th Sep 08, 3:53 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 79Thanks
    jonboy69
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!!
    • 12th Sep 08, 3:53 PM
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!! 12th Sep 08 at 3:53 PM
    Business Advertising Ltd AKA JPK advertising AKA KPJ enterprises.

This company has now changed its name to JMS marketing, Cotton exchange, Bixteth street, Liverpool. L3 9LQ.

[TEXT DELETED BY ABUSE TEAM PENDING INVESTIGATION]??

I've found some stuff about it on ; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1107789

P.S There are lots of these companies around and they are slowly being weeded out by public awareness. There is a good blog about a similar company: http://coulsoncorporationscam.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/coulson-corporation-scam-the-cult-leader/

Please share your experience whether you have only been for an interview or you worked there for years. The more people know about these companies the sooner they will go out of business !!!

Kevin O'neill.

Business advertising Ltd
    Cotton Exchange building
    Bixteth Street
    Liverpool
    L3 9LQ
    Last edited by jonboy69; 06-10-2010 at 5:26 PM. Reason: Pending investigation
Page 2
  • Meursault
    Coulson Corporation - Platinum Force
    First I want to tell you how much I appreciate everyone on here warning others! I want to add some information to that.

I had an interview today with 'coulson corporation'. As far as I know based in Newcastle and Liverpool. It is exactly the same scam.
    A few things are different, but there is a consistency, which I would like to share, as another warning:

-10 people filling in application forms in the hallway
    -Very young interviewer, who claims to be high up, and make a lot of money
    -second interview they invite you to is a 9 hour day
    -whatever you ask about wages, no answer
    -so-called clients: RSPCA ; SKY
    -the 'third interview'
    -This guys name is Ben (but he acts like Kevin)

My alarm bells went of went the receptionist answered the phone with another company name. Research showed me this company is exactly the same, all but the name. A look at their web-page-source told me that one of their search key-words is commission. A word that was explicitly dodged in the interview. Luckily I had some reservations before, and managed to pick these things up. Im Dutch, and by coincidence, that is where he went in his first week. When I asked him how he liked the city, he started on another topic.

My internet search gave the following linked companies, which I urge everyone to watch out for!

-Platinum Force
    -Coulson Corporation
    (in Liverpool, any company on bold street 35, 2nd floor)
    -Gr8-opportunities
    -DMO (direct-marketing opportunities)

One other consistency which might be a lead to nail them all in this thread is that all of their websites are made by HelpMeGo.To webdesign!
    One great thing about that is that their website has a list of companies for which it makes websites. For some reason they are all 'marketing-companies'.
    The list: http://www.helpmego.to/recruitment-clients.html

Friday is my training day. I will probably go and try to take one of those contracts home. Maybe warn a few people if I see someone standing outside, nervous for a job interview.
    I am angry and I am going to do everything I can. Starting tomorrow, sending mails to every job search site that contains their advertisement. It won't help, but it will make me feel a lot better.

Please people, watch out. And share your experience here, so we can get this thread higher in the google search results!
  • KJMOMC
    lol heres a few that ive seen, some many job adverts!!!!

ENTRY LEVEL SALES AND MARKETING PERFECT FOR RECENT GRADUATES

P&D Marketing Ltd is looking for people who are self-motivated, driven, and goal oriented players. Our growing portfolio in sports and hospitality industries, our recent expansion, and the signing of many new clients, has put us in the position to find the right people IMMEDIATELY to meet the demands of the North West market!

Our ability to develop our businesses is based on the people we work alongside. Therefore, we are always focused on you! Our success is determined by your success! We provide opportunities to develop your personal and business skills to achieve your goals.

P&D Marketing Ltd is looking for sharp professionals to work alongside and represent local and national accounts. We strive to give our clients direct results though a professional and friendly approach . At P&D, we believe there is nothing more powerful than a professional presentation that can explain choices, educate customers, and provide outstanding services.

This is an ENTRY-LEVEL position. We offer guidance and advice in the following categories:

* Customer Service
    Sales
    Advertising/Marketing
    Account Supervision

The successful candidates accepted for this fantastic business development opportunity will ideally possess the following attributes:

Leadership
    Great Communication Skills
    Ambition
    Great Work Ethic

We have several openings just waiting for people who are ready to start their business development.

P&D Marketing Ltd is committed to setting a standard of excellence for our clients, as well as providing each individual with a unique opportunity.

If you are a recent graduate, soon to be grad, or just haven't yet found the right business support, send your resume to Danielle Dunn.

Thank you for your interest in P&D Marketing Ltd.

Please feel free to visit our website at www.p-d-marketing.com
    </I></B>
    More Details:P & D Marketing
    Danielle Dunn
    info@p-d-marketing.com
    303/314 The Cotton Exchange Bixteth St Liverpool Merseyside L3 9LQ

No Experience Necessary - Apply Today Start Tomorrow
    - Ref. JPK15GNS
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Date submitted 8 December 2008
    Closing Date 22 December 2008
    Full Time

JPK Advertising

JPK Advertising is now offering openings in our business development programme. You will be given the opportunity to learn various aspects of business from sales, marketing, and business development. We are the smile and the handshake between our clients and their customer base. We are looking to coach selected individuals from entry level openings.

What does this mean?

At this moment, we are looking for competitive, energetic, sports minded individuals. These candidates will be given an opportunity as entry level direct marketing representatives for the Merseyside area, with rapid personal and business advancement opportunities. Our business development program is designed to provide training to the right person in all aspects of marketing and team leadership as well as in corporate communication and business operation. The focus is to prepare them for a position as the managing director of a location: overseeing the marketing for a portfolio of clients and supervising a team of 10-20 independent account representatives.

Successful applicants will have access to high quality help and advice in the following areas to help develop their business skills:
    *Customer Service
    *Sales Techniques
    *Marketing Strategies
    *Sales Training
    *Team Leadership
    *Recruitment
    *Business Operations
    *Business Management

Our Company offers:
    * Access to Full Product Training
    * Personal Stability/ Business Progression
    * Individual Evaluations
    * Travel Opportunities

*** www.jpkadvertisingltd.com ***

No experience is necessary as we provide advice and insight to all the areas listed above. Due to the number of people looking for an opportunity on our programme in Merseyside, we are only accepting applications from candidates currently living in or near Merseyside. If you are planning to relocate to Mersreyside in the near future, please refrain from applying until you are available for an interview in person.

People from all backgrounds seeking fulltime opportunities in the following areas are encouraged to inquire about our program: sales, customer service, part time, manager, accounting, marketing, clerical, management, human resources, security, administrative assistant, purchasing, administrative, receptionist, retail, sports teams, entry level, education, finance, director, telecommunication, training, insurance, project manager, teacher, banking, restaurant, public relations, secretary, office assistant, hotel, accountant, account executive, supervisor, advertising, fraternity, MBA, office manager, sales manager, field representative, sports oriented, project management, hospitality, team player, professional, bartender, hospitality, travel, promotional advertising, recruiter, junior executive, account manager, sports, sorority, cashier, business development, promotional sales, sales management, management training
    </I></B>
    More Details:JPK Advertising
    JPK Advertising
    careers@jpkadvertisingltd.com
    Suite 303, Cotton Ex Bixteth Street Liverpool Merseyside L3 9LQ
  • alwe150789
    Im gutted to say that i fell for the KPJ scam.

I wont go into details as i have done on another post.

BUT there is one weakness to this "system", and that is human emotion and feeling.

The only way I was freed from the blatent brainwashing was because i got close with a "trainee manager" who could no longer feed me lies and bull-!!!! so told me to search Jesse Young on google. He is the owner of ProSales, mother company to all these scammy companies like KPJ. What i read made me never go back to work there again.

Im glad though because now im free and work for a real company earning real money that i will get whether i get sales or not. I dont do sales, but u kno wot i mean.
  • flutter
    You can add Direct Media Marketing (DMM) to the list of other names for this company - they were / are operating in the South West - same set up - although I don't remember any names - I walked out on the 2nd interview.

Also not something I have read in this thread yet - at DMM they paid you two weeks after you worked - and no pay if you quit - so it made the decision to quit harder for those who started. I know this cos my boyfriend worked for them for 1 or 2 days - but never got paid.

On my second interview, my 'trainer' demonstrated his lack of intelligence - and to be honest his arguement as to why all companies were 'pyramid schemes' in reality was quite funny!
  • alwe150789
    Your right Flutter, they do pay two weeks to a month later and won't pay if you leave. (Of corse that onli matters if you actuali make money ;P)

They had 2 pay me in the end bcoz i was unemployed agen wen i left and went in everyday demanding pay. I consider it a nuisance bribe

x
  • jenfer09
    Kevin o neil is a !!!!!!!
    Jonboy jst read thru ur post u are spot on word for word what they are like its exactly what happen to me i ave jst spent a gd 20 mins readn thru all these posts and they are so true i feel a fool jst fallin for kevin o neil tricks on my first day he sed it was an interview n made me sign sumfin 2 say tht i wudnt get paid, ye my !!!! it was an interview turning in2 a 9hr shift!! then his next trick was sayin he wud pay me £25 for each training day but 4got 2 inform me tht the training days turned in2 an 11hr shift! so even if he did decide to pay me it is actually illegal how much he is payin me cz its under the minimum wage. so i quit the next day n nw he is refusing to pay me n sed it is commision onli bt failed 2 mention tht any other time i hope is company goes to hell n sum1 blows the !!!!!!!s up!! n does sumfin bout this he does this day in day out n theres noffin we can do i wish we cud jst put a stop to this so no other poor person gets caught up in the same trap we did!!! i cnt believe i was fool and believe'd every word he sed !! da brain washin scandal!! sad !!!!!!!s offered u lunch every day n a coffee to make sure u stay!!! am glad am out of the !!!! hole now and wen i told him on my 3rd day i quit he reply " your best goin if you cnt hack it" haha nt tht i cnt hack it am just not a mug who knocks on doors for 11 hours a day !!! and to top it off my trainee txtd me sayin am a loser!!! for qutin!! jee i feel sorry for who next applys!!!
    • cogito
    • By cogito 16th Jan 09, 4:44 PM
    • 4,548 Posts
    • 12,916 Thanks
    cogito
    Sorry but I didn't understand a word of that. Could you write it again in English please?
  • ileask
    2nd interview!!!
    I have a second interview on Monday. after reading all the comments I don't think I'm going want to work at this sort of company.

However after reading all the other comments I'm going to go anyway. I'm free on Monday anyway! also i'm going to take my digital recorder so i can get audio proof.

will post a link up on here soon after!
  • chunkeebum
    The Coulson Corparation, in Newcastle, are part of this too (I think) if not they are very, very similar. I have been looking for a job high and low after graduating, and after applying for everyting else, I decided to appy to this one too. They rang me back within a couple of hours to give me an interview the next day. The job description said 1200 - 2k a month, and the fact they had so many ads, every month saying they had amazing oppurtunites mad me feel a little uneasy about the whole thing. So I researched them and found they were basicaly brain washers who got u to work all hours under the sun for pittance. Just google "Coulson Corparation Scam. After reading it I was quite upset! But I didnt go to the interview. Though I was tempted just to tell them what I had found out and give them a piece of my mind!
  • I_RANG_THE_BELL
    Hello all,

I have alot of info on EVERY company that are similar!!!

Jonboy69, I managed to get a 'copy' of the contract after being rushed thru signing it. I asked for a 'copy' of what I had just signed and think for that reason was not told 'the jobs not for me' (or Steve was desparate and wanted me to work) Just wonder what to do with it and how it could help anyone from getting involved!!

Coulson Cororation Ltd
    1st Floor,
    Sunco House,
    Carliol Square,
    Newcastle Upon-Tyne,
    NE1 6UF

The MD is a guy called David/Dave Coulson.

This company is def connected to all the similar ones talked about.

I think I'm going to go and find the lads that were in my 'pre-managment meeting' on sat if they even went back, and will 'pitch' any young lads/lasses standing outside waiting to become brain washed into thinking they WILL be a 'Owner' 1 day, that this is what will happen.........

I, with anyones help, tho I will do it on my own, either way will be pushing to get this company OUT of my city!!!

I find it funny how the moment I walked in the office they were selling me the job, yet the whole time I was simply playing them!!!!
    Last edited by I_RANG_THE_BELL; 10-02-2009 at 12:57 AM.
  • BlameTheGame
    Im sure all these marketing companies are part of the Cobra Marketing Group.

Anyhow, i'd stay away. I always hear nightmare stories about them.
    • jonboy69
    • By jonboy69 10th Feb 09, 1:08 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    jonboy69
    thats great that you have a copy of the paperwork! That piece of paper is basically how these scam artists get away with working you like a dog without having to pay you!
    You are rushed through it and told that it doesn't matter and its not important. However it is the most important thing you will sign!
    These marketing companies claim to have massive "blue chip clients" which is bull****.
    I bet in the interview they dropped names like AXA, MBNA Bank of America, BSKYB, Warner Bros, Pizza Hut etc.
    These companies have their backs pretty well covered, all exept for making absurd claims that they have these companies as clients.
    Maybe we could let these companies know that there are shady scamming companies associating themselves with them. Im sure these companies would like to protect their brand and ensure that they are not associated with them! what dya think?

Kevin O'neill.

Business advertising Ltd
    Cotton Exchange building
    Bixteth Street
    Liverpool
    L3 9LQ
    Last edited by jonboy69; 06-10-2010 at 5:29 PM.
  • I_RANG_THE_BELL
    Hi jonboy69, pleased you replied.

We need to start our own 'Human Commercial' to let everyone know about these people!

I think, as I don't start my old job again for a month that I'm going to use that time to expose as many of these companies as possible!!
    We could go to the top of the tree and tell the likes of PDSA, British Red Cross, WWF, Sky, TalkTalk, AXA, MBNA, Npower............................ the way in which the companies they use exsploit young kids, people desparate for work and simple minded folk, are no worse then the companies that use slave, child labour in the far, middle east.
    Or we could cut the tree down but hacking away at the bottom!! ie; the people who have juat started, waiting to start(not that you wait long!) or attending interviews. Get those people who are sucked in or about to be, informed about what is really going on and that your so called boss in infact just an exceptional sales man with great motivational speach scripts and is using you to make cash.

I've also got a copy of the support direct booklet on the fundraisers guide to the charities division. I'm fairly sure that every division booklet ie; Charity, Media, Energy, Insurance...... is the same only re-worded slightly! And no where in that booklet is there anything saying what we are doing is legal!!! This I also managed to slighly obtain by asking to take in into the 'field' to look at it then popping it in my own folder, not the clear one they issued me, so I could take it home!

I can do anything when I put my mind to it and with the time I've got I'm going to do what I can to nail these people. The MD always stressed about work ethic, knowing fine well what he was doing was not all that ethical!

Think we could do with putting our heads together along with anyone else who could help spread to word! Use thier own sales system to bring them down!!!
    • sweetstudent
    • By sweetstudent 10th Feb 09, 9:01 PM
    • 660 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    sweetstudent
    Jonboy69, I'm still ashamed to say that I was once so young and naive that I went for one of these jobs (different "company" but same idea). Your description is spot on!!

I actually stuck it out for nearly two months. My total pay in that time? £60!
    Originally posted by creamcheese
    I am also ashamed to admit that i went for one of those jobs, with a company called TH Nationwide - i have to say that i walked off within 2 hours, there was no way i was going to work on a commission based salary!!!!!!!
    In My 'Permanant' Pre-Masters Gap Year
    'Married' Apple Fan and Proud
    With 16 Conversions
    I am not affiliated with any company except the one for whom I work!
  • I_RANG_THE_BELL
    Read this!

http://coulsoncorporationscam.wordpress.com/

Class!
  • chunkeebum
    Originally posted by I_RANG_THE_BELL
    Thats exactly what I read when I googled the Coulson Corporation when I got my interview. As much as I was dissapointed about it being a scam, I was very amused by the digareedoo scenario! Deffo glad I never went to the interview!
  • Makkig
    Scamming coulson
    hi, I went for an interview with coulson just a couple of days ago, and most of what has been said is true, I checked out these forums the same day and I'm very glad I did. Something didn't seem right from the beginning, if your a multi million pound company your website would be aimed at potential clients and not just to advertise jobs, and the thing that stuck out even more was if your so big why not have a hr department, I've never heard of a so called manager taking interviews before. Very strange and I'm glad I didn't take it
  • BlameTheGame
    I was discussing this whole dodgy marketing companies thing with a few mates of mine and apparently one of my mates brother went to an interview in Leeds, he actually spent a whole unpaid day (12 hours) going from door to door . I believe the company was called ETM marketing.

Edit: heres the website http://www.etmmarketing.co.uk

I think he had a couple of interviews and an 'assessment day' before being offered a position. Needless to say he didnt take the 'offer'.
    • ianianian
    • By ianianian 18th Feb 09, 7:41 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    ianianian
    Evening folks,

It's good to see these posts still up there! It must mean people are taking notice and are thus avoiding these companies.

I posted a similar article about the same company using a different name - KPJ Enterprises - which has also had thousands of views.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=937233&highlight=kpj

However, I must say my favorite thread about this company is...
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1107789&highlight=kpj

...simply because a friend of the owner suddenly appears at the bottom of the first page (obviously pretending to be an innocent bystander) and claims that the owner is a saint and we're all scum for saying otherwise.

I think the KPJ post had a few thousand hits until they changed the company name. I'm hoping this is because the post became the first thing that appeared on google when potential applicants searched for the KPJ Enterprises. If so iíve done my bit for humanity! We need to bump this post up one more as it's currently one behind the company website on google search.

Keep up the good work guys!
  • makkig1
    re: coulson
    hi guys and gals

i'm afraid to say there is another company now, using exactly the same tactics.
    they are called sms corporation and they are based in sunderland, almost everything in the interview sounded the same as coulson, even down to the appointment card.
    the guys are part of the COBRA network, as they had all the magasines on the shelf when i was at the interview, this rang bells immediatley, dont know why i stayed for the interview, interest guess.
    but definatley worth avoiding!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

363Posts Today

4,970Users online

Martin's Twitter