Paypal Negative- HELP!

Comments

• Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    patman99 wrote: »
    Ahhh, right. The buyer purchased item/s from you 3 - 4 months back, but as he can't sell them, has decided to be really petty and start a Paypal claim.

I would say (as would any Court) that that time period is way to long to expect a refund.

My course of action would be -
    1. Pay the Paypal balance.
    2. Send him a 'letter before action' demanding payment for the goods (plus any expenses incurred).
    3. If he refuses, visit MCOL and start a claim against him.
    If the items were fake then he would have to get full proof of this.

Also, most folks when receiving what they think are fake items will get them checked-out and, if fake, start a reclaim within days and not months.

You have 180 days to open a Paypal case. It's what you agree to when signing up to Paypal.
    jackyboyw wrote: »
    I'm not doing anything daft or anything wrong, the buyer is a !!!!!!!! and has made 2 cases against me to return the items saying they are both fake which are 100% ARE NOT because he does not want them anymore or can't sell them on baring in mind he has had them 3/4 months already. I simply do not want the items back and do not want to refund him I would rather my account stays in negative and he send or keeps the items, I honestly don't care.

I have to money to pay the off the negative balance. I just don't want too.

I think the buyer has to prove the items are fake. Something they won't be able to do if they're not. Not sure how they won by just saying they're fake. Did you respond at all?

If you have any receipts proving where you bought them you could have uploaded them to the case.

You could try phoning Paypal and see what they say. Provide any proof you have.
  • Yeah he did make a claim for no reason... Issue is I really don't want the items back as it took me long enough to sell anyway, so having to take them back and refund him because he doesn't want them anymore is very very annoying and you can see why I don't want to pay this debt.

This is another scenario selling an item to someone (not for me, a friend in a similar situation). The buyer in the US didn't collect the items from the post office maybe had to pay a customs fee and didn't want too. He is threatening to open claim because he hasn't got the item and it's on it way back to him but he still doesn't have it after months of waiting he is reluctant to refund as is am worried he will not get the item. This was for £300.. his account will go into negative but has not cards linked to his account is this the same situation as mine? What can he do as the buyer will more than likely win the case again.

Thanks, sorry for being off topic although it relates :)
  • jackyboyw
    jackyboyw Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2016 at 4:59PM
    And no proof its legit. It's probably 3rd hand 20 years old so no receipt.
    And the buyer always wins, even if they can prove it or not. It seems they always win,

anyone know anything about appeals how that works? I once appealed for an item I bought but didn't receive he had proof he posted it but was returned to the sender... he won the case at first and I wasn't refunded but I appealed and got my money back and his account didn't go into minus
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    And no proof its legit. It's probably 3rd hand

How do you know it is legit?
  • I just do, he also knows it's legit.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If a debt collector sees that you are unemployed and have nothing to your name then they may give up. Seen it on "can't pay, take it away" he lived in a single room with a TV that was approx 40 years old, a tiny table with one chair. He had nothing of value and not working.

But if your working and have assets then they can chase you for upto 6 years. Accidently sending letters to neighbours and calling you at work in the hope it forces your hand. The older it gets the further down the food chain it goes.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• So it's not really worth the risk? PayPal can help me just as much..
  • jackyboyw wrote: »
    I'm not doing anything daft or anything wrong, the buyer is a !!!!!!!! and has made 2 cases against me to return the items saying they are both fake which are 100% ARE NOT because he does not want them anymore or can't sell them on baring in mind he has had them 3/4 months already. I simply do not want the items back and do not want to refund him I would rather my account stays in negative and he send or keeps the items, I honestly don't care.

I have to money to pay the off the negative balance. I just don't want too.

Hi, many years ago i brought some DVDs of E-bay, them brought the box set, so put the single DVDs back on E-bay to sell.

They then told me they were fake and i couldnt sell them, like you i knew they wasnt fakes. They wouldnt have it or agree they sold them to me. Sorry thats not much help to you.

I do hope you get things sorted
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I just do, he also knows it's legit.

Put yourself in a buyers situation, or perhaps in court. You 'just know'. How?

And how do you know 'he' knows? Who is 'he'?

You can't just take your own opinion and expand it to fact. It doesn't work that way, as you have found out.

If you can try to sort out the case/chargeback you will be better placed. Comments like "I just do, he also knows it's legit" are not going to do it.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yep, its all about what you can prove, not what you think you know.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure