We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Poo weather today...really do hope we get better weather ( after the weekend lol LIR)

Outer in work as gone kaput AGAIN after only having it back a few days from being fixed, so hubby took it back.. So if they can fix the problem I am going to see if they can retrieve a few documents/ files and put them onto a stick thing for me, so at least I got them ( business logos/ artwork etc)

Little puggles are doing well, and are sooooooo cheeky and funny... Always brings a smile to my face, regardless of what she!te is going on...

We have mice in the big caravan up the ranch, and its like they got flipping big boots on in the night.. Really noisy so more traps are going down,, it will be like a scene out of the film with Lee Evans called mousetrap lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    hi all...

ooops! fantastic weather here :o

plasterer turned up to finish the shower room this morning... 7.30am ! all done now and will decorate at the weekend.

ive come up with a plan for my lounge.. infact I spent all day at work thinking about colours etc and I THINK ive cracked it...:D

its a very big room [well to me it is] and I have to get it right...

ive just been trying to dig a hole in the garden. I broke the handle of the fork :eek: just will not break through the earth its so dry...

gardeners at friends were clearing some overgrown vegetation from her middle pond.. its shallow,quite big and for frogs,newts etc. so I spent too long hunting for baby newts and froglets in the debri and putting them in the groups of lillies... they should be having a rave tonight there was so many of them..;)
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2015 at 8:06PM
    What a nutter...

If he's boozing, failing to appear on jobs and threatening peeps in a highland community then word will get about PDQ for sure.

Picked up a Marimo Moss Ball for the aquarium, it is indeed a fuzzy ball but actually of a sort of algae. Also two red spotted snails, although one seems ominously inactive.

cladophora-aegagrophila-aegagropila-linnaei-moss-ball-800240-680ab3d9.jpg

Getting a quote for a new gate, so while at the smiddy I asked if he'd any 5mm rod to bend into plant supports. £2 for 3m, so much cheaper than the hoops in the shops.

Pleased to see my Agapanthus 'Northern Star' is in bud, it was left planted out over winter and mulched but I wasn't sure it would come back, 'Northern Star' is supposedly the most robust cultivar.

Am adding hollyhock the my list of plants not to bother with in Scotland :(
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    He's on a suicide mission.

Nice Moss Ball IHS, but I rather liked the grinder - seemed a touch more pro-active!

Just realised that the eucalyptus like the oak is just putting on leaves - it's July. I thought it was dying as it looked well ill. It's got two trunks, so I've been out & hacked off the smaller one & am taking out some birches that are crowding it. It's not actually raining at the mo - how weird!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

Am adding hollyhock the my list of plants not to bother with in Scotland :(
    I passed a super pink one on the central reservation of the A303 yesterday. :)

A bit like my car, you don't see the rust at 70mph! :D

It's been a fine day here in more ways than one. The electrician cancelled another job and finished the first fix in the kitchen, arranging to come back next week to finish off most of the other work. Amazing!:)

Meanwhile, I worked out that our old integrated oven could work fine just sitting on the slabs in the conservatory, so I wired it into a 3 pin plug. It's only a grill &/or top oven, so no problem there and we can Carry on Cooking. :D

The builder has given us a portable gas stove to make up for the lack of a hob.

Then Mr Rod called in, ordered his materials for Thursday, and lo, the builders' yard did respond with a promise of delivery inside 24 hours.That's respect! :cool:

OK. Plumber didn't show, so we chased-in his bloomin' pipes ourselves, but 2 out of 3 isn't bad! :rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Oh, and the lads from the place up the road that teaches lifeskills to vulnerable youngsters came back with their guv'nor and they cleared all our remaining unwanted rubble! :j

I got chatting, and it seems a couple of them want to use/improve bricklaying skills they have, so I'm working on a plan for them to build the upstand for our new oil tank....:D

Just need a spare digger/operative now. My BiL is on honeymoon here soon!:rotfl:

Your guy sounds crazy, choille. Be careful. :(
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You are getting stuff together Dave. When the lads have finished doing your brickwork send em up here & I'll teach em some new skills too - don't mean that to sound saucy.

The ex-plumber is scary, unprediictable , but he lives a good distance away & has a throat like a sink - he's not long got his license back so I don't think he'll be here. But we have sorted out a lock on the house door - can't be too careful & after the tup boys were let out the other day.
    I think there are a lot of folks going a bit/lot crazy these days.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Afternoon all,

Think everyone is busy , quiet on here,

Well I forgot to say I had a LOAD of cheap hydranga and rosemery plants large one which worked out very cheap lol..worked out at 62 p each.. And considering the 14 hydranga were supposed to have been £12 each, and the other plants just under £3 each I had a total bargain....some I will sell off, and some I will plant up as mother plants...so getting there very slowly lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    hi all.....

CTC.....this is the pic of the pic of the floor I was mentioning

vwz86t.jpg
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    edited 22 July 2015 at 5:35PM
    oi fink theres rain a comin in them there hills .........

v6hwle.jpg
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure