Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi DDFW :hello:

Thanks for popping in :D Don't tell anyone, but things have actually been very bearable this week - if they were never any worse than this I'd be happy! :j :j

Sun's shining, and I've just got out of bed :o :rotfl: :D

So, tasks for today...

- shower and dressed :o (start small :D )
    - ring nice old lady from allotment project who's got cancer to see if I can visit
    - body pump (not booked yet!)
    - buy new shower :j
    - fit new shower...
    - send email to people I asked to interview for diploma interview thingy
    - do some tidying up :o
    - take recycling out
    - sew up rip in sheet and put in the wash
    - weed path
    - possibly try to tame mad willow hedge :o
    - phone interview for diploma thingy at 5.30
    - friend's house for tea at 7 :j

That should keep me occupied and out of mischief :D

YNAB and banks done - tis payday :j Tis an expensive couple of months, with holiday last month :eek: MOT this month (I'd saved up for this but have since raided the MOT savings pot so had to shove £200 in it this time and hope for the best :o ) I've also put aside £200 for house maintenance things (not sure what we'll need this month but bound to be something!)

Have put aside £200 to join a couple of professional associations as membership is a requirement for the job I'm applying for... They don't specify which, just 'membership of appropriate professional association' - I was a member of one, but let it lapse (when work stopped paying for it :rotfl: ) - but looking on their website everyone is a member of a different one, so I think I'm going to join that :D Might just do the one though, that'll take it down a little bit.

Right, best get cracking with that list I suppose! :eek:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Oh! Mr Cheery bought something off ebay the other day, supposedly an unwanted present (bit of a bizarre present if you ask me), paid for it - then got an email saying 'my friend has tested it and it doesn't work so we're sending it back to the manufacturer for a replacement, which I'll send to you'.

Hmm.

Mr Cheery emailed and said to just send it anyway, it was a bargain and he's quite capable of fixing it himself, but they emailed straight back and said 'oh we've already sent it now and sent you a refund'.

Quite ridiculous - clearly they've realised they could have got a fair bit more for it and pulled out! But I need to pop and claim the refund from paypal :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ok... butting on nicely...

-[STRIKE] shower and dressed (start small )[/STRIKE]
    - ring nice old lady from allotment project who's got cancer to see if I can visit
    - body pump (not booked yet!)
    - buy new shower - Having taken the front off, Mr Cheery reckons he can FIX it today :money:
    - fit new shower...
    - [STRIKE]send email to people I asked to interview for diploma interview thingy[/STRIKE]
    - do some tidying up
    - take recycling out
    - weed path
    - possibly try to tame mad willow hedge
    - phone interview for diploma thingy at 5.30
    - friend's house for tea at 7

Ok, maybe I haven't actually done *that* much... :rotfl: But I'm dressed, right?! :o :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's not bad, Cheery - after all, you only posted the original list at 11 :) I'm glad things have been better, um, bearable, this week. And good luck with that shower!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks KC! Thought I'd replied earlier but clearly not...

Anyway, here goes...

- [STRIKE]shower and dressed (start small )[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]body pump (not booked yet!)[/STRIKE]
    -[STRIKE] buy new shower - Having taken the front off, Mr Cheery reckons he can FIX it today
    - fit new shower... [/STRIKE] Couldn't fix after all so got a new one for £50
    - [STRIKE]send email to people I asked to interview for diploma interview thingy[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]do some tidying up[/STRIKE] a tiny bit... :o :rotfl:
    - take recycling out - no, but I'm going to do that RIGHT NOW
    - weed path
    - possibly try to tame mad willow hedge
    - [STRIKE]phone interview for diploma thingy at 5.30[/STRIKE] - yes, but she didn't answer the phone, don't you hate it when people do that?!
    - friend's house for tea at 7 - going soon :j

Had a very amusing email from someone I'd emailed about insurance for a community project - clearly intended for his girlfriend or someone saying

need bread bog roll do a mini shop say £30 and il pay you

:rotfl: Emailed the poor fella back to tell him - hate to think of him going home and there being no toilet roll! :rotfl: Made me giggle :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Evening :hello:

So it's Saturday night, Mr Cheery is playing a gig as he frequently does, and I have the house to myself for about 5 hours so it's time for the usual over-ambitious list of things to do! :j :j :rotfl:

Going to split it into sections :D Tried to turn them different colours but sadly it won't let me!

6.30-7.15 - HOUSE
    - put recycling out
    - washing up
    - rudimentary tidy of kitchen and living room
    - hoover downstairs
    - put washing on
    - pack final box of books (that's FOUR today, and finishes off my books pretty much! )

7.15-8 FOOD :D
    - make and eat tea (I'll just eat toast otherwise :o )

8-8.30 INTERNETTY TASKS
    - pay for flute workshop
    - join professional association
    - delete emails :D

8.30-9.30 JOB APPLICATION
    - bullet points for each of the sections on the job spec - hoping to have a draft ready to email to people by the end of Monday :eek:

9.30-9.45 POTTERING
    - hang washing up
    - remove lamps, tool box, new and old shower from bath
    - run bath :D

9.45-10.45 CHEERY BATH
    - soothe aching muscles from body pump yesterday and parkrun today
    - put nightie on and dry hair

10.30 LAZE ABOUT
    - Lie on sofa and fall asleep in front of crap TV til Mr Cheery returns :D

What are my chances of getting all that done?! :rotfl:

Will check in once my tea's on the go :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well, that didn't go *quite* to plan - 20 mins in one of Mr Cheery's old school pals turned up on the doorstep having been to visit his son and just popping in on the off chance :rotfl: Obviously Mr Cheery not here so we've been having tea and a natter instead :rotfl:

Consequently not much has been done... :o :rotfl:

6.30-7.15 - HOUSE
    - put recycling out
    - [STRIKE]washing up[/STRIKE]
    - rudimentary tidy of kitchen and living room
    - hoover downstairs
    - put washing on
    - pack final box of books (that's FOUR today, and finishes off my books pretty much! )

7.15-8 FOOD :D
    - [STRIKE]make and eat tea (I'll just eat toast otherwise[/STRIKE] :o )

8-8.30 INTERNETTY TASKS
    - pay for flute workshop
    - join professional association
    - delete emails :D

8.30-9.30 JOB APPLICATION
    - bullet points for each of the sections on the job spec - hoping to have a draft ready to email to people by the end of Monday :eek:

9.30-9.45 POTTERING
    - hang washing up
    - remove lamps, tool box, new and old shower from bath
    - run bath :D

9.45-10.45 CHEERY BATH
    - soothe aching muscles from body pump yesterday and parkrun today
    - put nightie on and dry hair

10.30 LAZE ABOUT
    - Lie on sofa and fall asleep in front of crap TV til Mr Cheery returns :D

Hmm, well I managed the washing up, but then made a load more washing up making my tea which is now sat in place of the previous washing up :rotfl:

Got the water back on for my bath (had to turn it off when pal was here as we have to have the heating on and it gets a bit warm for guests :o :rotfl: ) Bit late for hoovering and throwing glasses round the street now so I think I'll just shove some washing in and ignore the rest of the housey stuff. And I'm not *too* far behind schedule with the rest :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well I did some bullet points for my job application, and had a bath :j :j

Washing is on now :o

Just been faffing with YNAB - bit disappointed that this is the first time since I started using it in November that I've had to start spending wages before the 1st of the next month... Usually I'm paid a few days before (the last working day) and manage to not spend anything til the 1st, but this time with holidays and house-related things I've had to delve into it now.

Hardly a crisis! :o but still a bit cross at myself :o

Still, back on track now after this :j

Not managed to allocate anything for long term savings out of September money :eek: What with MOT, paying for professional association things for job application and Mr Cheery's new crown at the dentist things got rather expensive all of a sudden :eek: Fingers crossed car doesn't need much work and I can cream off some of the MOT money for savings instead...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Hmm, been looking at September's budget and trying to figure out where I shave a bit off to put in the Patchwork Fund without leaving us so short we'll have to steal it back before the end of the month :o :rotfl:

Managed to scrape together £50 :j And fingers crossed the MOT is less than I've planned for so the remainder of that can go in too :j

I've got £92 to go until the next 000 in the savings account - and I do so like a round number :D :j

Rainy rainy rainy here today! But I am Super Cheerful - off to visit my lovely office mate who's on maternity leave, she's been in France for an entire month over the summer, camping and canoeing and I've missed her SO much :j :j I'd planned to walk over there (which will take me an hour) but it's tipping down - but I have nowt much else to do today so might just grab a giant brolly and walk anyway :D

Means I can set off earlier and I'm super excited :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds a good Bank Holibob, in spite of the rain :) I've discovered that a long (for me) **fast** walk is a great detox :)

Up and at 'em today?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family