Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Options

Comments

• janusdesign
    Options
    chels wrote: »
    Just had a look, the options are visible to me and I was able to proceed (using Chrome).
    thanks... but this is what i'm seeing...

http://prntscr.com/gyjj5v
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    thanks... but this is what i'm seeing...

http://prntscr.com/gyjj5v

It must be down to browser versions, or even operating system.
    I use Linux and I can now see the buttons in Firefox and Opera. But when I applied in the summer it didn't work in Opera. Another poster said he could do it with Opera but not Firefox!

In this respect (only) I have some sympathy for UB. It must be a nightmare keeping sites working for all browsers, formats and OS's.

(3 months on and I'm about to put my first payment in. Wish me luck!)
  • janusdesign
    Options
    steve65e wrote: »
    It must be down to browser versions, or even operating system.
    no - it was caused by an idiotic oversight on my part!

it was being blocked by uBlock Origin - once I disabled that and refreshed the page, I could see the options again. :doh:
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Easy enough to do, I use one browser for general websurfing with all potential nasties switched off by default and then enabled if required to make the page function; I use another for buying/transactional based activities which lets everything through (just in case they haven't tested it). Got caught out once with TV Licencing where the transaction authorised the payment card, but didn't complete because I'd not enabled some javascript it required.
  • janusdesign
    Options
    oh well, I missed the boat on that one... i'm now trying to open a Tesco account online and getting nowhere... will try later tonight.
  • mt99
    mt99 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    BHam Midshires pay 1.3% compared with Tesco 1.2% you could try that one
  • janusdesign
    Options
    mt99 wrote: »
    BHam Midshires pay 1.3% compared with Tesco 1.2% you could try that one
    thanks for that, but there are potential circumstances where I might need quick access to it, and so for the sake of £10 interest a year, I think i'd prefer Tesco.

i'm in no desperate rush, but if I can't open with Tesco by the end of the week, i'll look elsewhere... perhaps BM as I used to have an account with them years ago.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    oh well, I missed the boat on that one... i'm now trying to open a Tesco account online and getting nowhere... will try later tonight.

Interest is added to the account today. Maybe just coincidence that the account is no longer open to new savers on the same date.

It's possible they will bring out a new edition but hold off doing so until BOE next meets to set base rate or bring out a new account sooner, or not bring one out, or.........its banking!
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    One thing is for certain, if the rate ends up near the derisory rates on their other closed accounts, I'm off!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback