Aviva insurance

Options
Have my motorbike insured through Zenith insurance. Informed 3 months ago that I had been involved in an accident. checked date of claim against me from AVIVA and I was out of the country at the time - this was passed to AVIVA. Still insisted it was me who was involved. Sent flight details , still the same. My company sent an engineer to check bike - confirmed not involved in an accident. My company saying it must be a mistake. Next found accident happened 6 hours away from where I live and names given did not tie up. At this point was still trying to sell bike , but no one interested while this nonsense going on. Eventually it was found out that an incorrect registration was given. However I've had to wait 3 months to clear my name and in that time bike price dropped £300 - do I have any recourse - AVIVA wont speak to me and Zenith say they cant act as no claim settled. So I've done nothing wrong and been penalised - any thoughts>>

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to have a negligent party to claim off. That won't be Aviva

(Don't understand how you were stopped from selling because of the claim against you)
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigboab99 wrote: »
    At this point was still trying to sell bike , but no one interested while this nonsense going on.

How did they know?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above in what way did an insurance claim affect you selling the bike?

Not once have i ever asked a seller are you currently disputing an insurance claim, and oddly no buyer has ever asked me the same question.

Who said the bikes value dropped £300 also? Its worth what someone is willing to pay.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure