Grab a discount by abandoning your basket?

Options

Comments

• Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    HQ Hair and Lookfantastic (both part of The Hut Group) are always sending me 20% codes to try and tempt me to shop again.
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • Susan_2001
    Susan_2001 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    I've never been offered a discount for leaving anything in any basket. I often put an item or two in a basket and then change my mind and never purchase, so there's been plenty of opportunities with various sellers to offer the discount over the years.

I liked the comment about Amazon earlier in this thread, I have a product I would love to buy but it's just too expensive at the moment, I will go and add it to my basket in the hope they drop the price. :)
  • PrincessPeach_2
    Options
    Hot Diamonds sent me an email when i abandoned a basket. 10% off my order if I recall.
  • crazymoneysaver
    Options
    It's been a little while since I've shopped with them, but QUIZ clothing used to send "Can we tempt you back?" E-mails when you looked at their range, I.e clicked on the pictures. Can't remember if I always added to basket, but about two days later I would get an e-mail offering 10% off or free delivery.
    And ever since I had a signed up as a new customer for a Tesco home grocery delivery, every 2/3 months I get an e-mail offering me £6 off a £60 shop if I click and collect or get home delivery. We take full advantage of this and do click and collect as it's free!
  • crazymoneysaver
    Options
    Haha, no sooner after I added the last message I went onto QUIZ to check what I had done before. Clicked on a picture of a dress I liked and couple of hours later, I got an e-mail offering me 5% off!!
  • LessImpecunious
    Options
    On two occasions I've been sent £10 off a £75 shop evouchers by ASDA after not shopping online with them for c. 4 months. On the last occasion I was sent 3 in 3 days, but, having used the first, the other two wouldn't work (despite different codes). I was offered a £5 off voucher as compensation...
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    smiffy1 wrote: »
    I got free delivery worth £45 from Furniture Village after leaving a 2 seater sofa in the basket

Must've been a big basket! :)
  • Minnie123_2
    Options
    I received a £10 voucher from Ebay to encourage me back to them - it was great as there was no minimum spend so I spent £13 - of which I only had to pay £3 and I've not shopped with them since
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Discount for leaving something in the basket? Surely that's only if you were looking for a digital eagle from Barclays?
  • newpuppy
    newpuppy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it my imagination, or does the discount go DOWN if you abandon an order and then start again later on TopCashBack or Quidco? There have been several times when I've thought that happened, but couldn't be sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure