Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• footyguy wrote: »
    You should have been advised that if you applied for a smart meter, it was only guaranteed to work with the supplier that arranged its installation.

If you want a smart meter with your new supplier, you will have to request one from them.
    You miss the point - Eon have paid to fit the smart meter, only to abandon it by charging existing customers more money to keep the facility.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Quick question, Im with EON for both Gas & Electricity on (again both) prepayment meters. Im looking to cut costs & am thinking of switching to BG, my questions:

Am I right in assuming that once final meter readings are submitted, I get back any money on the meters?
    Do the prepayment meters get removed by EON or would that be BG?

Thanks
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • I am afraid I think that's crazy. You have gone through all the trouble of installing a smart meter at my house which I now will not be able to use, and you have lost a customer (and I am sure I will be one of many). Why bother trying to compete on price for new customers when you will loose just as many existing ones. Is there any chance of a rethink? I certainly will not be rejoining eon in the future if this is the way you operate.

+1 for another frustrated EON customer (soon to be ending their uSwitch fix) moving to British Gas as a result. Liked the service. Liked the Clubcard points. Liked the website. Would even have paid a few quid more than BG over the year to stay & not bother with the hassle of switching. But with a fix ending & the next best E.ON tariff > £200 more - forced to move.

Bizarre business decision.
  • abooaaishaa
    abooaaishaa Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2016 at 11:20AM
    I get that energy companies try and attract customers which special tariffs and then move them to ones that they will make more money off - however, in this case, Eon have deliberately released a tariff to match one that they know is designed to replace their own collective switch from a year ago. If they are not going to offer it to existing customers what was the point in releasing a match at all!

As far as the smart meters go - I am just astounded with the money being wasted that customers will ultimately pay for. Eon should show greater corporate responsibility here.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    +1 for another frustrated EON customer (soon to be ending their uSwitch fix) moving to British Gas as a result. Liked the service. Liked the Clubcard points. Liked the website. Would even have paid a few quid more than BG over the year to stay & not bother with the hassle of switching. But with a fix ending & the next best E.ON tariff > £200 more - forced to move.

Bizarre business decision.

Morning flyingchris and welcome to the forum.

It's good to have your feedback about the service and club card points etc, so thank you for this.

I understand your frustrations and we are passing feedback on.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 September 2016 at 11:38AM
    greatgimpo wrote: »
    You miss the point - Eon have paid to fit the smart meter, only to abandon it by charging existing customers more money to keep the facility.

It is not Eon that are deciding to abandone the smart meter, but rather the customer that is electing to switch supplier.

Why would Eon continue to support a meter when the customer has elected to switch to another supplier?

No supplier has an infinite fixed tariff. Tariffs are only fixed for a specific time frame. That termination date is known from the outset. The customer is informed that they will transfer to the suppliers variable rate tariff at the termination date unless they either elect to take a different tariff from that supplier, or decide to switch supplier.
  • footyguy wrote: »
    It is not Eon that are deciding to abandone the smart meter, but rather the customer that is electing to switch supplier.

Why would Eon continue to support a meter when the customer has elected to switch to another supplier?
    Because of Eon's unfair pricing policy.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Quick question, Im with EON for both Gas & Electricity on (again both) prepayment meters. Im looking to cut costs & am thinking of switching to BG, my questions:

Am I right in assuming that once final meter readings are submitted, I get back any money on the meters?
    Do the prepayment meters get removed by EON or would that be BG?

Thanks

If you are currently on PPMs, you will only be offered a PPM tariff by any other supplier.

If you wish to apply to change from PPM to credit meter, you can only request that from the supplier who is supplying you at the time.
  • Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite

Been pleased with EON for the last year - however now going to have to move to another supplier.

Why?

EON's lowest tariffs do not show on their website.

Sure if I was switching from another supplier I could get the rates, but even with MSE club the EON tariff that Martin mentions in email, which i believe is called 'E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v1 Paperless ' is not available to me.

So it's got to be goodbye EON and hello British Gas.

Crazy :(

Good morning GentleGiant,

It's shame to read that you want to leave us :(

Malc has posted lot's of information on the collective thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5519605&page=6

You're correct though, it's not on the website or available over the phone.

We're continually looking to develop tariffs and this particular one is aimed exclusively at new customers. This isn't to say we're not also exploring the best ways of looking after our existing customers. We're doing this all the time and continue to offer tariffs and rewards to both new and current customers through our website.

Malc is, as we speak sending feedback to the people that make these decisions.

Thank you

Helena

With respect :A Helena :A, he’s stating that he doesn’t want to leave E.ON (understandably) but that E.ON, by withholding from him its Saver v1 collective fix on all comparison sites, E.ON is obliging him to leave.

That may seem like a small misunderstanding but it isn’t: it’s the whole point of what this huge row is all about.

You fail to grasp this at your peril...

I hope Malc left you the E.ON hot seat's flak jacket, this morning. :grinheart

Hi,

I do not want to leave EON. Not sure why you assume I do.

However you give me no choice!

Unless you are going to pay me the £200+ that British Gas will save me.

I did log a complaint, but was just told to complain to the ombudsman. Not really an answer.

One point I was hoping to make to Malc before he took the lift to the elevated heights of the gods of E.ON on his mission to explain to them the degree to which E.ON has shot itself in the foot with this one is that when SSE pulled the same stroke last month and I exposed it HERE there was not the slightest murmur of dissent. It was, it seems, the type of deceitful tactic that people might expect from SEE.

Perhaps it led E.ON to believe that it could do the same thing and get away with it...

What is really significant – and should be brought to the attention of E.ON’s directors – is that when E.ON decided to pull the same stroke this week it provoked, by contrast, an absolute uproar of outrage and dismay.

That’s how much goodwill and support E.ON had earned and enjoyed – but E.ON has now thrown it all away.

I hope you'll pass that one on to Malc for upward transmission.

I’d point out that my view on this is from an objective perspective, as an E.ON customer just entering the third month of a two-year collective fix. So, much water will flow under the bridge before I need to worry about it myself and I have plenty of time to wait and watch for the next big E.ON salmon to snare.

I take notice and some comfort from the fact that the Saver fix is suffixed v1, which suggests to me that there will be more to come (sometime) and the cynic in me wonders whether this one was just a devilish move to lure BG and MSE into altering. perhaps illegally, the tariff of an existing fix which was already under way and to which people had already contracted.

After all, when E.ON was cheekily undercut earlier this year after it had released v18, it (wisely) didn’t alter the tariff of v18 retrospectively; instead, it launched v19, two days later.

All, no doubt, will be revealed in the months to come and, like fredandwilma, I have the luxury of being able to watch it all [STRIKE]unravel[/STRIKE] unfurl from the riverbank.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    As far as the smart meters go - I am just astounded with the money being wasted that customers will ultimately pay for. Eon should show greater corporate responsibility here.

Yes, it is crazy, but it is not Eon's fault. The same crazy situation applies over the non-compatability of smart meters between any suppliers.

If you want to register your astonishment at the roll out of smart metering despite the non-comatabilty of them between suppliers, lobby your MP! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback