Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 20th May 19, 8:31 PM
    • 14,118Posts
    • 37,934Thanks
    redfox
    150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min 1 purchase req.)
    • 20th May 19, 8:31 PM
    150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min 1 purchase req.) 20th May 19 at 8:31 PM
    To celebrate our 150 years.

Available 24th-27th May 2019. Minimum spend 1 and swipe your Nectar card. Maximum of 3 transactions per day.

Exclusions and terms apply:

Receive 150 additional Nectar points on qualifying transactions. Minimum qualifying spend 1. Max 3 offers per Nectar account per day. Qualifying spend excludes spirits and liqueurs, first stage baby milk products, National Lottery, tobacco, gift vouchers, gift cards, travel money, Sainsbury’s Bank products, prescription medicines, over the counter medicines, postage stamps, savings stamps, mobile phone vouchers, phone cards, e top-up, pay point payments, carrier bags, charity products, Argos, Tu Clothing online, and car park tickets.

I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3
    • tbw
    • By tbw 26th May 19, 10:20 PM
    • 4,891 Posts
    • 56,474 Thanks
    tbw
    As far as I am aware my friend went in 3 times, bought one item- walked out, then back in again. Well, that's what I would have done. Easy enough
    I might have tried 2 items and said something like 'it's for my neighbour, please may I pay in two transactions?
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    I have made 3 1 purchases every day of the offer without problems. I have done them one after the other at Self Scan - it didn't even cross my mind to go out and back in between purchases.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 27th May 19, 7:16 AM
    • 8,176 Posts
    • 14,879 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Both on Friday and Saturday, I saw customers and shop staff buying 1 or 2 items adding up to 1 or just over twice then do the rest on the bigger shop. Told my mum's friend to do this. Then she was worried about unable to use her 5x points voucher for spending 50. If she bought 52 of shopping in one transaction - she would have got 260 points. Whereas, doing it to my suggestion is 702 points. As first transaction 151 points, 2nd - 151 points and final transaction - 400 points. This based on first two transactions of 1 each and other one 50 with 5x points

To those that are bit worried of doing the transactions one after another - pay with two different cards or one card, two cash etc
    • Stylehutz
    • By Stylehutz 27th May 19, 10:16 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    Stylehutz
    Not a problem paid for 3 items seperately with the self scan and used the same card. 450 bonus points added.
    • maman
    • By maman 27th May 19, 10:33 AM
    • 19,898 Posts
    • 118,931 Thanks
    maman
    I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. Dont know if I misread the t&c and therefore if I'm entitled to lose my s**t over it. Walked out without the items. These offers are dangled in front of you like gold dust and we think they're great. I'll stick with tesco. Sainsburys can stick their offer.
    Originally posted by worriedsingledad
    Not a problem paid for 3 items separately with the self scan and used the same card. 450 bonus points added.
    Originally posted by Stylehutz

Strange that just this one poster had a problem. I'd be surprised if Sainsbury's staff had been told not to split purchases. Ironically there was a couple behind me in the queue that were splitting their shop but that was because they'd been buying for her mum as well so wanted a separate receipt. That's normal.
    • Stylehutz
    • By Stylehutz 27th May 19, 11:01 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    Stylehutz
    Strange that just this one poster had a problem. I'd be surprised if Sainsbury's staff had been told not to split purchases. Ironically there was a couple behind me in the queue that were splitting their shop but that was because they'd been buying for her mum as well so wanted a separate receipt. That's normal.
    Originally posted by maman
    The person overlooking the self scanner was initially giving me a funny look as I had to replace my bag again. When explained was doing it to get more nectar points she was all for it!
    • maman
    • By maman 27th May 19, 3:43 PM
    • 19,898 Posts
    • 118,931 Thanks
    maman
    Full house of extra points done and enough wine in stock to last until next offer which could be August. And 2 fuel vouchers which I'll use in the next week or so.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 27th May 19, 9:03 PM
    • 8,176 Posts
    • 14,879 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Done my 12 purchases over past four days. My balance on my Nectar card was just under 6 on Thursday. Now it’s almost 18. Though I had 5x coupon for 30 and 2 coupons adding to 330 points for buying certain things. One of them was anything from a list of five things- went for the cheapest and the other one was for some cooked meat which had a YS on it. Think only spent 60

The store I was at some of the cashiers were suggesting to do to buy an item for 1 or bit more for the first two transactions then the rest on another transaction
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

770Posts Today

6,986Users online

Martin's Twitter