PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• jennypennysaver
    Options
    Wow, v.impressive. You're an inspiration!!

What are twinks hobnobs?
    June 2015 Grocery Challenge [/B]£126.38/£360 :eek:
    "Sealed Pot Challenge" ~ 8 (2015) - No 480 £12.60 :A
  • jennypennysaver
    Options
    Bread machine on fleabay a no-go, seller wants to post and not have collection but the P&P charge adds so much on to the price I could buy a new one!! Does anyone out there make bread without a bread machine; I do have (unused!) dough hooks on my mixer...?
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Aldahbra wrote: »
    Are these what you call chocolate crispies?
    7347808004_7de47965bd_n.jpg
    DSCF0800 by Aldahbra, on Flickr

If so I've made them and although they were OK we don't want anymore just yet.

The cheesecake is a good idea. Would you add biscuit to them to make a cheesecake base?
    Yes they look like choc crispies, melted choc and cereal. Well done :) I would bash some digestives, or choc digestives with the hoops and mix with melted butter for the cheesecake base.
    Bikingbint wrote: »
    bikingbint (who will be the size of a stately home [already the size of a house] if I don't stop eating the bread I make).
    Same here :o JJ's 2 min micro puds are lethal :rotfl:
    cleggie wrote: »
    Having a baking day today:
    Millies cookies
    Almond cakes
    Banana and Lemon drizzle cake
    Flapjacks
    Twinks hobnobs
    Shortbread.

That should easily keep everyone going for a week or so!
    WOW- well done cleggie. You've had a really busy day :T
    Determined to have another NSD day today.
    Coffee morning at church, lunch of LO's, hoovered the stairs, funeral later this afternoon, concert tonight.
    What a day!
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options

What are twinks hobnobs?

if you go to post 5, on page 1 of this thread, its almost at the bottom of that post.
    I made them for the first time last week, and they went down a storm! We all loved them! They taste as close to real hobnobs as i have made, so so cheap!

Almond cakes are in the oven, as well as hibnobs, but have had to rethink the cake as i dont have any free tupperware thats big enough to store it!

Shortbread is going in next, and then i am also roasting the chicken drumsticks for tonights dinner (see Flo!!!).
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    Options
    Just popped on to post a spend of £7.91 by OH last night - we needed milk and craved snacks so he bought crisps and chocolate ansd hot choccie. Picked up some YS lettuce, cue and melon though so wasn't all bad:o.

NSD today. Must decide on dinner...hmmm maybe make harrissa bean burgers and have with all the salad in the fridge...I'll see what DD says when she gets in from school.
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Can one of you lovely GC people help me please- im sure this is abit of a daft question but how do you meal plan :think:

Do you have a front page list with all your regular/fav meals and then put them in week by week maybe trying 1 diff receipe each week?

Do you plan for all meals including snacks or just evening meals?

I really want to meal plan but dont want to get stuck in a rut of Tuesday is pie night etc

I think this cold is fogging my brain :rotfl:

I don't do anything fancy to meal plan - no spreadsheets or anything. I just go through my cupboards and fridge freezer the day before a shop, and see what dinners I can make from what's in already. Often, the children choose a dinner for the next week too. Then, I allocate meals to days (on a piece of paper stuck to the fridge door), and finally make up the shopping list. I make sure that anything needing fresher stuff goes at the beginning of the week, and Friday is always a quickie dinner day because of swimming lessons. This way, I can change things around week by week, and take account of offers when I shop, ready for the next week etc.

HTH
    I need to sort out the freezer again as I was attacked by an avalanche of frozen HM meals when I opened it the other day.....was up to my ankles in frozen LO's ;) so I just stuffed them all back in any old how but now I have a mini avalanche everytime I look for something :D

:rotfl::rotfl:This made me chuckle - I thought it only happened to me!!

What are twinks hobnobs?

What?! How can you not know what they are?!!?!! They're delish, but I've banned myself from making them too often...
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • jennypennysaver
    Options
    Aw thanks cleggie...they are now top of my list for things to bake tomorrow. Can you freeze them?

This is such a great place... wish I'd discovered you all a long time ago ;)

Been so domestic goddess today...shifted half the ironing mountain and listed my freezer contents :A
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    if you go to post 5, on page 1 of this thread, its almost at the bottom of that post.
    I made them for the first time last week, and they went down a storm! We all loved them! They taste as close to real hobnobs as i have made, so so cheap!

Almond cakes are in the oven, as well as hibnobs, but have had to rethink the cake as i dont have any free tupperware thats big enough to store it!

Shortbread is going in next, and then i am also roasting the chicken drumsticks for tonights dinner (see Flo!!!).
    Good! :T I am watching!!!:rotfl:
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/325
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 76
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Oh God, the almond cakes are YUMMY!!! I highly recommend them, although not if you are on a diet (like me, oops!).

Shortbread has also gone down well with the kids, although i am not a shortbread lover.
    Chicken is now on the oven, ready for tonight dinner.

So, thats m day of baking so far. I think i'll save the other recipes for a rainy day.

Jenny- not sure if you can freeze the twinks hobnobs...does anyone else know the answer to that?
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh God, the almond cakes are YUMMY!!! I highly recommend them, although not if you are on a diet (like me, oops!).

Shortbread has also gone down well with the kids, although i am not a shortbread lover.
    Chicken is now on the oven, ready for tonight dinner.

So, thats m day of baking so far. I think i'll save the other recipes for a rainy day.

Jenny- not sure if you can freeze the twinks hobnobs...does anyone else know the answer to that?
    Are they my almond cakes recipe?
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/325
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 76
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts