PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Difficult to think of 5 today. Just found out a very good friend has myeloma :( His wife is currently being treated for recurrence of skin cancer. Sometimes life just sucks!
    1) lovely autumn colours
    2) bgf picked me up from work
    3) made a quick sausage and pasta thing
    4) we walked the dogs to meet dd2 coming back from work
    5) watching Flatmates
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. At work over past 6 weeks we have had 3 new staff and they are putting a lot of the rest to shame with their willingness to work. It made the day so much easier yesterday.

2. Took my own lunch into work. Beetroot and goats cheese sandwich.

3. Started using a mindfulness app. I have been meaning to start for a while.

4. DS2 cooked tea - English onion soup. It was very tasty.

5. Watched Holby and GBBO.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just about to head out to work. Blah! It’s still completely dark. Blah!

Anyway for Tuesday. What a beautiful day it was. Cold but bright. Washing out before walking to work.

Started to wash the outdoor sofa cushions so I can get them dried and put away for winter. It just always seems to rain on them and re-soak. So they’ve been through machine and drying off in laundry room.

Work was okay.

DD2 & dog came down and met me after work , met a neighbour so we all walked back together.

Made the most tasty pasta sauce just using up bits and pieces from fridge.

Also made me ( because no one else likes) an apple and blueberry crumble using apples from allotment and blueberries lurking in the fridge. It was rather yummy!

Dog snuggles. Always a pleasure!

PP how is Bopsie doing?
  • Cuddles with the daughters yesterday.

Cuddles with the grandpickles yesterday.

A lovely walk round the lake and up past the church in the sunshine yesterday afternoon.

Morning tea and then more morning tea.....

A morning in the shop with everyone on the usual Wednesday morning team back from holidays and visits so anticipating our usual busy but giggly time.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry to hear that DD

Tuesday pleasures,

Stood at spare room window ironing and a large flight of swallows landed on telephone wire, opened the window to hear their loud chattering. Must be the mild weather that’s kept them hanging around.

Over at the yard, I’m still wheezing away so didn’t ride but girlie worked well on lunge and over poles.

Catch up with fellow horse owner.

Baked BS and blue cheese risotto for tea.

Watched GBBO followed by Love in the Countryside.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Pleasures yesterday.

A drive out to Lakeside to get the cruiser to Bowness.

Forty minute cruise, got talking to an elderly couple who made friends with our dog.

Brief walk around bay area of Bowness, a bit restricted in where to go because of the dog, but she's the reason we holiday in the Lake District so no problem.

Picnic (I brought food and flasks) on a bench, being supervised by a couple of magnificent swans. One was showing interest in my son's cheese roll, so my son stood up and held his arms out to the sides to make himself look bigger. The swan backed off. That's a technique I used to use when we had chickens, to assert my dominance and get them under control.

Back on the cruiser return journey, Windermere beautiful in the afternoon sunshine. A family near us - parents probably in their thirties, with six children. Two girls, two boys and two babies, unsure which gender. The oldest child looked about seven, no more, there was one about two years old and a couple around four or five. The parents looked relaxed and happy throughout the journey, chatting with each of their children, ferrying them to the toilet where needed, getting them drinks. I was very impressed with the behaviour of the children. When we stood up to disembark, I said "Excuse me, that's rather a glorious tribe you've got there, are they all yours?" They laughed and says yes. I replied "In that case I have to say Well Done, they've been very well behaved throughout the journey, they're very good!" The couple thanked me, I think they were taken aback at receiving a compliment like that from a stranger. It was a pleasure to see parents interacting with their children and organising such a busy little troop. I bet they have lovely Christmas celebrations in their house.

Back at the cottage, I gave son a pack of chipolatas and told him to make dinner. I've had him helping prepare meals this week, he has enjoyed doing the work and having to decide on seasoning, accompaniments etc. He did chipolatas, streaky bacon and sliced mixed vegetables as a stir fry. It didn't look very elegant on the plate but it tasted ok, and it was a learning experience for him. When he first got his job (January 2018) he lived in a flat twenty minutes walk from work, and the main thing he taught himself to cook was diced chicken breasts with chopped onions, carrots and tinned tomatoes, served on rice. That, or a variation, flavouring the chicken with orange juice and honey.

A luxurious bath in the frangipani and grapefruit bath oil I bought the other day.

Hot chocolate before bedtime.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Good luck with the interview BoP.

I'd never heard of English onion soup village life. Looks yummy.

1. Last night DH helped me do FlyLady's 'blessing hour' though it took the two of us 45 mins and we didn't even finish all the taskss. Nevertheless, house is hoovered, sheets are clean and everywhere is tidy hurrah!
    2. Reheated shepherdless pie for supper, served with baked beans. Eaten whilst watching Royle Family. Same for lunch today.
    3. Only 3 more days of work until holibobobobobos!
    4. I have managed to go up til now without buying anything in the vending machine at work. OK, mainly becaue I forgot my purse(!), but still!
    5. Managed to muster energy to wash hair and wear makeup today. I do feel better for it!
  • VJ's Mum, you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Yoga will help.
    BOP, glad Bopsie is doing well. Good luck too. Just had 2 recent visits to the Cornerhouse!
    Back from the lakes too Nargleblast. Loved the cruise.
    DD So sad.
    Best wishes to others going through difficult times.

1. Had the best ever fortnight with my lovely sister. Much love & laughter.
    2. A welcome from my 2 cats glued to my side despite having being spoilt rotten.
    3. A very difficult situation at work resolved. Optimistic and waiting for the others to hear. They will be so happy.
    4. October, My birthday month. A couple of things planned with friends.
    5. Cake for afternoon coffee!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Another pleasure, too excited not to share.

Finalised our York/Yorkshire/Harrogate itinerary and have bagged a family ticket on the North Yorkshire Steam Railway (Pickering - Whitby and back) for £34 :money: Great value for a day out - you can get off at every station and the stations are wee attractions themselves. Was originally happy to pay the £68 full price so extra savings means we can push the boat out at lunch :beer:
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    mandm90 - the GM of the north yorks moors is a personal friend of mine... we went on for OH's retirement do (well, one of them) and a lovely time was had.

Thanks Juliettet - I think so too.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Back to typing - my revised structure is taking shape
    2. walked to the dentist. Dentist itself was frustrating but the walk was nice
    3. Hung laundry on the line, didn't dry completely but was helped on its way
    4. Watched the Dublin murders - I like a murder show... :eek:
    5. Had beef stew from the freezer for tea - not too much to do :T and was lish.

Have a nice afternoon / evening all. DD and I are off to the pictures to see "Judy"
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure