Noddle, how often do they update?

Just had a look at my ''file''.

They seem to be way out on what I actually owe, by roughly £4000.

Should I take any notice of this?

Dunree :)
Life is now good :)

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Dunree wrote: »
    Just had a look at my ''file''.

They seem to be way out on what I actually owe, by roughly £4000.

Should I take any notice of this?

Dunree :)

Considering no credit reference uses them I wouldn't worry what's on their TBH.
    Where is if Equifax or Experian are out by 4k then you should take notice.
  • Dunree
    Dunree Posts: 401
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Considering no credit reference uses them I wouldn't worry what's on their TBH.
    Where is if Equifax or Experian are out by 4k then you should take notice.

Hi Bugsy,

Just checked Experian, out by £4800ish, but in fairness to them, last update was 12th August.

:)
  • BugsyBrowne
    Hi Bugsy,

Just checked Experian, out by £4800ish, but in fairness to them, last update was 12th August.

:)

Noodle is not live report so to say like the other CRA's,noodle does all their updates every 30 days.
  • Dunree
    Forumite
    Does that mean that Experian and Equifax are?

I've paid off a Black horse loan and substantially reduced my CC balances lately, but this doesn't show on my Experian :(
  • BugsyBrowne
    Does that mean that Experian and Equifax are?

I've paid off a Black horse loan and substantially reduced my CC balances lately, but this doesn't show on my Experian :(

Look on your Equifax or experian Reports and find out when black horse last updated your loan payments that will give you a guesstimate.

I paid off a loan and the CRA's took about 6 weeks to update it.
  • Dunree
    Forumite
    Will do :)
  • oscar52
    oscar52 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Noodle is not live report so to say like the other CRA's,noodle does all their updates every 30 days.

Neither are Equifax or Experian (or Call Credit form which Noddle pulls its data)

Each lender updates the CRAs once a month. If all your accounts happen to update on the 16, then probably by the 18 this will be reflected. Obviously, most peoples accounts update on different days of the month, so some may be more updated than others.

Cant say I am awae of ANY lender that provides a live, real time feed update to the CRAs
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
    no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • BugsyBrowne
    oscar52 wrote: »
    Neither are Equifax or Experian (or Call Credit form which Noddle pulls its data)

Each lender updates the CRAs once a month. If all your accounts happen to update on the 16, then probably by the 18 this will be reflected. Obviously, most peoples accounts update on different days of the month, so some may be more updated than others.

Cant say I am awae of ANY lender that provides a live, real time feed update to the CRAs

As in credit searches where as noodle don't.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Thats noddle marketing for you, they say there's no need to check your report more than once a month, but if you want it, you can pay to get the current live report. I wouldn't pay myself as only a few lenders actually use them.

I use them monthly since its free and about twice a year I check Experian/Equifax.
  • cos_2
    cos_2 Posts: 624
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm happy with Noddle, recognising the view I get is just the same as the snapshot I get if I pay the other CRAs (or even Call Credit, of course) two quid. They seem to have all my info, just like the other two, so I save a few bob :)

I'm not sure why people would need 'live' info from the CRAs. A quick response, yes, but 'live'?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure