Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Comments

• Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Depending on how much you are planning to buy from Tesco it might be easier to go in and order it, otherwise they might not have enough stock.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • jqjjq
    jqjjq Posts: 21 Forumite
    I work at Tesco on the checkouts so can help.
    The assistant is right that it's just 1 point per bag now, BUT the training sheet from head office clearly stated that if customers have the old style bags (which you have, and clearly mark the number of green points to receive), then the points printed on them still stand. The new rule only applies to new bags which do not have a number of points printed on them.

Hope this helps!
    Hootie19 wrote: »
    Hope this is in the right place. Chances are it's not, but I can't work out where else to put it.

I went shopping in Tesco at the weekend, and used LOADS of my own bags. The checkout assistant asked how many we'd used when we'd finished packing, and I told her three large bags (all Tesco branded) and six small.

She said that all bags were now awarded one point, regardless of size.

I pointed out that on the outside of two of the bags it actually said that if you used the bag, you'd get three green points, and she muttered under her breath and gave us more than the nine points she'd originally intended to.

Has anyone else been told this regarding reuseable bags and if so, does the printed information on the outside of the bags not count for anything now?
  • Does anyone know if i am able to go in now before our new vouchers are sent and request a 4x deal using these points?
  • cheqmate06 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if i am able to go in now before our new vouchers are sent and request a 4x deal using these points?

no,you cant.you have to enter the "barcode" numbers that are on the vouchers to buy deals/airmiles. its stupid i think, theyre in your account, we should be able to use them! by the time we get them i just know ill be left with crappy dates for my flights :(
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    My brother tried to do this only in December and at first they said that the expired vouchers couldn't be rolled over as they had already been rolled over once and they couldn't do it a second time. However the lady checked with someone and agreed that they would do it on this occasion. I do not believe what they say about doing it on line coz when I have tried to use a voucher before which I forgotten I had already used they could tell me exactly when it was used and for what purpose. As the vouchers have all individual codes they can easily tell whether it has been used or not even though it is now done online. Have you sent a letter to their HO complaints department and see whether anyone further up the ladder can help?

We have previously had expired vouchers recredited too, however I posted a £10 days out voucher back to them (£2.50 in points, I made a mistake adding up entry for wicksteed park and had this one left over) with a letter asking for it to be recredited as it wasn't used. Had a letter today saying they cannot as they are expired?
    I will email them just in case but a bit annoyed that they have suddenly changed their minds on this?
  • This is probably more of a rant than a question, but here goes. Since the demise of MFI why haven't Tesco bought in another 'home' store. I've used my points for lots of things previously, days out, flights to Australia, but now I'm in a position where I in the next 6 months I will be getting my first home. I have nearly £200 in Tesco Vouchers which if I could use them at somewhere what did furniture would give me £800 to spend, e.g. a sofa or some bedroom furniture.

It's so frustrating!!!
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I cant find an email address for Tesco Clubcard.

I'm with Eon and collect Tesco points when I top my electric up cos it was on a card meter.

The bloke from Eon came round the other day and it was changed to a Key meter instead (letter said meters have to be updated every (x) amount of years and ours needed doing)

Do I need to let Clubcard know or will I still get my points still ?
  • t4mof
    t4mof Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You shouldn't have to inform Clubcard.

Your payments from your key will credit your E.on account and points will be made to Clubcard in the same way they were when you paid by card.

If in doubt, give E.on a ring and they will be able to confirm.
    CC Debt at LBM Nov 08 - £25000+ DFD Dec 2012
    Second DFD May 2021
    Starting my MFW journey: Opening Balance: £138,000; July 2019: £135107.33; July 2023 £119450.87
    2024 MFW #45
  • Had to phone Tesco clubcard cs the other day for something else and asked for the e-mail address. Apparently they don't have one, not great when they don't answer the phone at the stores either!
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wattywattwatt - There is no point in trying to ring the stores about anything to do with the clubcard as it is run by another company and the stores have very little access to it. They can check details such as name and address but not change anything. If you do need to ring the store for anything you are better ringing them directly rather than the 0845 number that puts you through to a call centre.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure