EBICO customers be aware.

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sol00 wrote: »
    Well the letter we received was just confirming the price increase from the 1st April. Funny thing is according to that I should be paying 12p per k/w, but the meter says it's 10.78p. Also how do you check the gas meter for charges?
    This sounds like you have a pre-payment meter.

The rates you will be charged will be the ones as announced in your letter confirming the rate increase effective 1st April. The meter rate should be updated whenever you buy more credit, (unless you happen to have a very old type that needs to be updated next time it is inspected) but perhaps for some reason it hasn't done so. Remember, it is not what the meter charges, but what the meter says you have consumed that will be the basis of the price you will ultimately have to pay. Any credit you apply to the meter is no guarantee that it will cover the cost of any energy actually consumed.

Fyi, the current unit price of gas from Ebico is 2.86p per kWh including VAT.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Googling...'Ebico sued'....brings up this conversation and a thread from Barney O6 on Digital Spy and a report about somebody wanting to sue a Eberhard Benschop-EBICO.
    Looks like a hacker got the wrong site.
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Premier wrote: »
    This sounds like you have a pre-payment meter.

The rates you will be charged will be the ones as announced in your letter confirming the rate increase effective 1st April. The meter rate should be updated whenever you buy more credit, (unless you happen to have a very old type that needs to be updated next time it is inspected) but perhaps for some reason it hasn't done so. Remember, it is not what the meter charges, but what the meter says you have consumed that will be the basis of the price you will ultimately have to pay. Any credit you apply to the meter is no guarantee that it will cover the cost of any energy actually consumed.

Fyi, the current unit price of gas from Ebico is 2.86p per kWh including VAT.

Yes, sorry it is a pre-payment meter.

I've checked how much the meter goes down by and it's between 10 and 11p, which worries me a bit as I saw on Watchdog customers who had bills from EON due to them not updating the meters with the new tariffs.

I'll give them a phone to check.
  • As of 02/08/08,am contemplating a switch to EBICo for my energy supply,but after reading some of the posts i,m having doubts. What the devil is going on? does the company exist or not. It certainly comes out best on the siye I have just visited.Advice please! should I or should I not. Regards...1228dutchman
  • micksea173
    micksea173 Posts: 24 Forumite
    The Company exists as I'm getting my gas and electric from them without a problem.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Yes.Dutch, a good company. Allied to well respected Southern Electric.
  • Ken 68.... Thanks for the courteous reply mate,seems to be ok then. You dont work for them do you? Cheers. 1228dutchman.
  • Micksea 173 thanks to you also mate,I feel abit more reassured, Cheers, 1228 dutchman
  • superhans
    superhans Posts: 338 Forumite
    I recently have had my first bill from them after switching, and it was about £16 cheaper than it would of been with Eon, I am saving about £64 per year on a £200 bill, I only get electric from them, it looks like EBICo price will be going up also, but they are normally the last to increase prices, they increased for me in the middle of my switching process,
    click this link below for a table of all price rises from all utility companies, it's in the middle of the page.
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Their Energy and Support Services are supplied by Scottish and Southern , as soon as Scottish and Southern put up their prices they normally follow suit shortly after.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure