Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Hope you (and DS) got a decent run of sleep.
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks redo, DS woke up at half 9 last night (again) but managed to get him to go back to sleep by patting his back. He then woke up as soon as heard me going to bed at 11. :( It was 12:45 before he settled down again. :eek: He slept until half 7 after that though & then was happy to lie in bed with me for another hour but he didn't go back to sleep. He's so tired though, just hope it's better tonight as I've got my KIT day tomorrow.

Put another loaf on last night so that was ready this morning as I remembered to press start. :T

So far today I've managed a quick hoover in the living room & kitchen - there were bread crumbs all over the floor under the table from the kids last night that I didn't notice until this morning. :o

Gammon joint also in the slow cooker with some fresh ginger & ginger ale. Will coat it with ginger preserve & stick it in the oven later for a sticky glaze. DH will be home in a couple of hours so said he'll make Yorkshire puddings. :j I told him he'll need to buy eggs & milk first though. :eek: Might do some roast veg & spicy potatoes, DH will probably make some roasties too.

Will stick a washing on when DH gets home with all his dirty clothes. Nearly time for DS's morning nap.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Ooh some of my tomato seeds have germinated & I have little seedlings popping their heads up. :j:j
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done with your veg growing, you!!!8217;ve inspired me to get growing again myself. I did really well the year me and OH first moved in together, Since having children, it!!!8217;s been more difficult.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi chanie, I'm glad I've helped inspire you, I love gardening & growing things, find it so therapeutic & it makes me feel close to my late grampa who was a keen gardener. I used to "help" him in the garden from a very early age. :)

Just a quick post tonight as I have one of the terrible vomiting bugs that are going around & feel awful. I had to leave work halfway through my KIT day. :( Meeting went ok, was just to give me my options I.e. which job do I want to do when I return & to confirm that they will advertise for a job share partner. They want an answer next week so have some thinking to do, everything all in an uproar in the office. :(

Hoping DS doesn't get the vomiting bug although he was sick everywhere earlier but hasn't been since. I've been sick 3 times since 5pm & feel terrible, thank god DH is back to look after DS. Hope he doesn't catch it. :eek:

Think we caught the bug from my youngest niece as my sister & her kids have all come down with it too and we all saw her on Saturday. She had the bug last week but appeared to be better when my brother brought her round.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Well we all ended up ill, so not much has been going on for the last few days except surviving & lots and lots of washing. Poor DS has pooed over many many vests & sleepsuits. We had a sink full of smelly baby clothes soaking in bio detergent in the utility room for most of a day.

DS was only throwing up the first day but was sick in his cot whilst lying on his back which was terrifying. :eek: Luckily DH was just checking on him as it happened. He slept in with us for the rest of that night. Poor boy has somehow caught a cold & still has the runs, I'm nearly better & DH is about a day behind me recovery wise as he was the last to get ill.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hope you all feel better soon Sashy, sounds scary with DS being sick on his back, I bet that made you super cautious and not really able to sleep xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Kirsty,

Yes DH got a real fright as he found him & we were too scared/paranoid to put him back in the cot so he came into our bed & I tried to keep him lying on his side just in case.

Had a horrendous night with DS waking up nearly half hourly crying, think his tummy was sore as he had 3 dirty nappies overnight. :( We are all exhausted today & at several points last night I wanted to run away. :(:eek:

Having another day of doing nothing much, moved some washings along last night - some put away, another 2 on & DH hung them up. Taken & submitted meter readings, need to look into moving to a new deal/supplier as contract ends at the start of April. We owe the company we're currently with around £96 as they were very much under-estimating our usage at the start of the contract & we weren't submitting regular meter readings due to having a newborn baby. :o I think my car insurance is also up for renewal around the same time, so another thing to look into.

Paid another £40 of survey money off the zopa loan which will take the monthly payment amount to £203. The last £40 overpayment took it from £208 to £206 p/m so I think I'll aim for £40 overpayment per month minimum (using survey money so might be less) until the monthly payment is sitting nearer £180 & then see where we are.

Requested another £20 from PA & another £10 @mazon voucher from SB. Have started a list of things we need/will need that we can use the vouchers towards. My car windscreen wipers cost us no "real" money in the end as DH had another voucher & we used both towards them. I'll need nematodes for the garden soil soon so will probably use the next lot of vouchers towards them as they can be pricey.

Tomato & sweet pea seedlings all look good, will need to move into small pots soon. Still nothing from the chillies so far, fingers crossed. Need to get DH to go & get compost next week so we can sort the potato bags out ready for the seed potatoes.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're all feeling better soon Sashy

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Awful when you are all ill like that, hope everyone is back to normal quickly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback