IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye/Court

Comments

• Orrin wrote: »
    It's a bit odd you're so desperate to prove your identity. So what if some random stranger on the internet doesn't believe you?

ETA:
    By odd I don't mean I think you're a PPC stooge, just odd in general.

I wouldn't say desperate but felt it was a way to negate the posts by spacey2012. He stated he knew I was working for PE and my identity. Therefore, proving my identity would show otherwise. I notice he hasn't done as he promised and posted any of the facts he claimed to be in possession of.
    TBH I couldn't give a toss whether he believes me or not apart from the fact that -
    a) Anyone reading this thread who happens to be in my position but not of such strong character, is going to be put off getting help here immediately because of his unsubstantiated and rude posts.
    b)Anyone believing or even suspicious about the drivel he's written is less likely to help and give me the accurate information I require.
    c) As a result of his accusations and personal attack on my character I intend to prove him wrong and get an apology.
  • Hovite wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm now suspicious. The OP seems very up with current process and the use of the phrases "N1" and "NC1" suggests they need no advice from here !

The 'phrases' as you describe them are written on the form, Sherlock. ;)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Getting back to the original post, have you now got sufficient information or is there anything else you need?
  • Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Getting back to the original post, have you now got sufficient information or is there anything else you need?

Thanks Guys Dad. Been busy at the beach as my young grandson is staying :) Going to read some more and I'll get back to you.
  • Guys Dad,
    I've tried to PM you the same short message twice but nothing shows in my 'sent box'. Do they only show once read or am I not allowed to PM yet as a ' Newbie'?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sometimes there's a delay in them showing I think, in the sent box.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Sometimes there's a delay in them showing I think, in the sent box.

Thnk you. Thought that may be the case as it is with a cycling forum I frequent.
  • Just popped back to say that, with the kind help of a couple of kind minded chaps on here, I acknowledged the Court papers and have submitted a short, relevant, defence.

Awaiting next stage and will update as we go along for others benefit.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Now's the time to move on to those assertive complaints then to whoever contracted PE there, or Retail Managers there, landowner, etc.:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Five of the PE cases there were cancelled (all recently) after court papers were issued.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UPDATE

Short version -

It's taken a while but finally had my PE Court case dropped by going direct to the store manager (Dunelm, Plymouth) with statements showing we are return customers. I took statements as I had no receipts for the day in question having paid cash.

Longer version - (to convince people in my situation not to give up)

* As was advice at the time, ignored all PE corres' since day of 'charge' which was Dec' 12.

* On receiving CC papers replied as and when necessary, up to and including submitting my defence.

* Phoned Dunelm customer services as I thought they'd be the ones to sort this out. Told they couldn't help as it had gone as far as Court and I had no receipt for the day.

* Next day phoned again, spoke to the same person and asked to speak to a manager. One phoned me back and was totally useless. Same excuse and not bothered that I was a customer. Didn't realise at all the relationship between their company and PE. Gave her a piece of my mind!

* When I'd calmed down I decided to approach the store. Went and explained to the lovely and understanding manager, having first been put in touch with her by the very helpful instore customer services. Produced some statements a few days later and she sent an an email on my behalf. Initially she sent it direct to PE but it somehow arrived back with Dunelm customer services. Had an email from them saying they were looking into it. Funnily enough, it was from the first person I had spoken to!

* After a few weeks got an email saying it was being withdrawn. Then got the begging letter from PE for costs. Made another call and this was quashed the same day.

* Received an email stating PE had withdrawn the Court case. Checked with Court -no they hadn't. Another email and told that they will be, but they send them in bulk:rotfl:

* Discontinued as of today.:T

My thanks to Guys dad, Coupon-mad, bargepole and Lynnzer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure