Options
1131132133134135137»

Comments

• ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mcbob wrote: »
    Thing is I have documents from them when I opened the account stating my account was part of the £200 offer.

Am I missing something here or have I been had?

I think they are strict on the switching date and the switching process, which should be done exclusively through them and not manually.
    Though your account opening letter said about the £200 offer, it would be asterisked with "terms and conditions apply", which were the switch date,using their switch service and £800 per month for 3 months, after the switch.
    Many in this forum, including me, mistook the last criterion as "calendar month".What Co-Op meant by "a month" was 30 days from date of switch.It was bit vague, but they must have relented on it , otherwise they wouldn't have paid my bonus.
  • DCole_2
    DCole_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    For accounts such as this that requires one to bank in a certain amount of money per month, does that means you will need to have a salary enough to do so or would they be happy for you to apply if your money is not coming solely from salary only?
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DCole wrote: »
    For accounts such as this that requires one to bank in a certain amount of money per month, does that means you will need to have a salary enough to do so or would they be happy for you to apply if your money is not coming solely from salary only?

On previous offers they haven't demanded that the funds come from salary, it can come from any external source, they just like you to have the salary coming in so that they think you'll use them as your main account, but it's not been necessary, before anyway.
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Options
    ejv wrote: »
    Been watching this thread for long and it has gone quite for a while. Seems all got the cashback(including me). So Co-op swindler has finally buckled to the populace.
    Hurrah...:beer:
    Thanks to all from me for all the advise and support...:money:
    I never got mine, after a lot of hassle, I gave up and closed the accout. I was not impressed by their customer service at all.
  • DCole_2
    DCole_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    On previous offers they haven't demanded that the funds come from salary, it can come from any external source, they just like you to have the salary coming in so that they think you'll use them as your main account, but it's not been necessary, before anyway.

Think I answered this in my post quoted above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure