order for production of statement of means

Received order for production of statement of means today dated 17th of June 2019

N61 form with no prior letters from 1st credit finance ltd for £8,600
from old credit card debt over 6 years old never every had contact

what can i do can anyone offer advice please.

Comments

• WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    The N56 form (Form for Replying to an Attachment of Earnings Application) is a precursor to the N61 form. It is also related to a CCJ. Did you receive that one too?

Have you checked your credit record for the CCJ. Have you moved home since the CC debt was incurred as you may have a default CCJ on an old address and they have traced you.
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
  • I was out of work for a good three years, when I did work it were cash in hand for odd jobs here and there.
    Never received any mail from them or contact
    I though it being over six years they could not pursue.
    With two day to spare what can I do, will they send bailiff to my mum’s house?
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    As WhenIam64 has pointed out there could be a CCJ and providing that was sought and granted within the 6 years if you did not defend it then it would be granted. That will run for another 6 years and even then could be extended through the courts.

You could contact them and arrange a way to pay and that should prevent them from visiting. Check your credit files to see if you have a CCJ.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 23 June 2019 at 1:05PM
    This is the serious end of debt collection so you do need to comply with this
    If the judgment debtor still fails to return form N56, or to pay, the court will serve him or her personally with form N63 (Failure to provide Statement of Means). This orders the judgment debtor to attend court at an appointed time to give good reason why he or she should not be sent to prison for 14 days or fined up to £250.

If the failure continues the court will make an order for the judgment debtor to be arrested and brought before the court

You need to find out your dates here. What was the date of default? What was the date of your last payment? What was the date they started a court claim? What was the date of the judgement?

If there was a six-year gap before the court claim then you can apply to have the whole thing set aside. If there was a six year gap after the judgement you can ask the court to not grant the aoe.

There was a similar case on LegalBeagles but never found out how it ended.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/forum/legal-forums/court-claims-and-issues/received-a-court-claim/78047-just-received-an-order-for-production-of-statement-of-means-from-the-court-help
  • Need to say thanks to all who gave me advice
    now need advice on ppi
    can anyone help
    thanks in advance
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Need to say thanks to all who gave me advice
    now need advice on ppi
    can anyone help
    thanks in advance

You have 13 days in which to submit your PPI complaint, as the deadline is 29th August, get writing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • I’m a bit anxious to do PPi
    Will other deters find me
    I want to take the chance as with help from this forum I manage to sort my debt with an agreed sum of £10.00 month with no attach to earning. FANTASTIC RESULT,
    WHAT WORRIES ME IS PPI GETTING IN TOUCH WITH OLD COMPANY Does it matter?
    I had a car on finance from carcraft 2003 for 36 month they don’t exist anymore they changed their name a few time to get away from bad press they were getting from ripping people off.
    I had an American express card in 1998 too I think defaulted owing a couple hundred pound i was unable to pay them at the time.
    I paid my mortgage to back then through Barclays
    I had a good few credit cards visa master cards clamming ppi is it like a name search or have i got deal with each company separate.
    Do i have to give my old address?
    Will I be allowing creditors to find for debts i might have forgotten about?
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you are tying to claim PPI from companies that you owe money to it could be that they keep it. If the debt has been statute barred they cannot start chasing again for it but they can keep PPI owed.

I would imagine that you have to give details of where you used to live as how would they know they are dealing with the right person?
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport