Finally proved EE's error - should i do more?

Options
Hi

I've recently had some problems with EE and don't feel I have been treated that well - I have proved myself right now but I don't feel like they really cared and I wonder if its something others have experienced.

I have two mobile phone lines with EE, one for me and one for my Dad. Last year, when I changed my contract, I was offered an Apple Music trial which I accepted. I found that I didn’t use the service that much at all and so I phoned and cancelled however two months later, when checking my bill, I noticed payments were still coming out. I started an online chat with EE and explained my situation - I was told there was no record of my cancellation however they would cancel now and refund me the two months worth of payment, I also asked them to have a look at my Dad's line to make sure Apple music was not on there - I was told it was (even though he had never activated it) - I asked for it to be stopped as well.

The last year has been quite hectic and I must admit, I don’t check my phone bill that often however a few weeks ago I did and I noted it was £10 higher than I expected - I checked back and it had been that way for months and it was due to Apple Music, this time on my Dads line.

I started a new online chat with EE and explained the situation, I was asked for proof that I had cancelled it and how I had cancelled it - I didn't have any proof but told them about the web chat last year. I was told that I didn’t cancel the subscription and from what they could quickly work out, it had cost me £90. I told the adviser that Apple Music was being charged into my Dad's line, a pensioner in his mid 70's that uses his device to make the odd call and check the cricket scores but I was told it didn’t matter, I hadn’t cancelled and therefore the charges applied - I was offered £30 as a way of saying they were sorry for my experience. I continued to complain and was told that the offer would be upped to £60 as a final resolution – I declined and asked to make a complaint.

A new adviser joined me in chat and I explained the situation, records were checked and I was told that I had contacted them last year but it was about my line and not my Dads, I was also told that £60 was a fair offer and that EE had no reason to assume that just because I was cancelling Apple Music on my phone line that I would also want to cancel it on my Dad’s. I explained once again that he has never activated Apple Music and I was told I could accept the one time full and final offer of £60 or raise it with the ombudsman however the ombudsman may agree with EE and I might end up with nothing. I decided to take the £60 but told the operator I was not admitting I was in the wrong, its just I had no proof that what they were telling me was wrong.

Later that day I had 10 minutes to myself and as I was still frustrated with the way EE had treated me I went through all the records I keep on my PC and luckily I had taken a screen shot of my conversation with EE last year – it was all there, me cancelling Apple Music on my line and asking them to check my Dad’s line. I went back onto the EE website and raised a complaint. I got a reply about 4 working days later telling me that my web chat (from a few days ago) had been reviewed and that I had accepted the £60, the case was therefore closed – they were nice about it but that was it. I replied and once again gave the name of the person I had spoken to last year, the exact times and what had been agreed. Ten working days passed and I got an email to say it had been reviewed again and it turns out I was right and therefore I would get my money back and they hope this was to my satisfaction.

I don’t feel satisfied, I feel I had to fight and was treated like I was lying in order to get money from them – I wonder how many others have had the same type of discussion but not had the evidence. Is there anything I can do?

TLDR – EE were charging me for an Apple Music subscription that I had ended, they told me I was wrong and that I had not cancelled the subscription. I opened a complaint but was once again told it was my fault and my complaint was closed. I finally found evidence to show that I was correct and after ten working days without a response, it was agreed I was right and I was offered my money back. I had to fight the whole way and felt like I was a liar.

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WD502 wrote: »
    TLDR
    Indeed

WD502 wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do?
    Such as?
    What would you like to do?
  • WD502
    WD502 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I don't know - raise it with someone that might ensure EE check what customers are telling them before making a decision If it wasn't for my screen shot I would have had no evidence. I guess I'm just frustrated that I had to waste so much time just to get back what was mine.
  • jbainbridge
    jbainbridge Posts: 2,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Take it to the ombudsmen .. you have the evidence. Simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure