PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, NSD for me today. I have chopped some chicken ready to make a stew for tomorrow and have also made two lots of Ny chicken for eldest child. Been up early today i have even prepared food for oh to take to work tonight. Looks like the sun is coming out so i will be putting washing ouside. Regards to all.
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi....planning a trip to aldi today to have a look at the bargain veg....not sure i need to get anything else but might spy something useful
    i got a huge bag of reduced spinach that i thought i might add to a curry tomorrow...also have a bit of salad to use as well...might have that for lunch

have a good day tess
    onwards and upwards
  • Dragoncry
    Dragoncry Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow

19 pages already ! May has taken completely by surprise :o so please could you put me down for £180 this month.

I had lots of NSD's last month and spent a lot under my budget as a result so have dropped the amount.

Saying that I popped out to get eggs and sugar for baking along with a loaf and some custard creams for my DD ;) Massive spend of £2.65 so far in Lidl.

Have a lovely day, rain here as usual so will get the BM out I think...

DC xx
  • EyesWideOpen
    EyesWideOpen Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    I bought lots of eggs which were whoopsied so now have 23 eggs which I need to use up and take care of somehow. I want to make quiche at some stage soon but I can't fit an actual quiche in the freezer so I was wondering if I could make the egg mix and put that in the freezer. Will the egg keep like that? It could come in handy having beaten eggs in the freezer but never heard of anyone who have done that. I was also wondering what people's views are on how long the eggs will keep in the fridge anyway. The use by date was 27th of April.

I have need of more of your good peoples wisdom and ideas too as I have a good bit of pasta penne LO with a little bit of cheese sause on them (spread over all of them). I want to make something with it this evening so it wasn't wasted if you see what I mean. I haven't got bacon in the house otherwise I would have done a carbonara type thing. I do have frozen salmon which I could cook and flake over the pasta and serve with a salad and bread, or I have a tin of tuna. Do you think tuna would go nicely with the cheese sause? Any other ideas? If you help me find use for the LO pasta I will have used up all my left overs so far this week :T

Plan to buy bread today but nothing else so am actually doing okay with the GC this month :rotfl: 17 days left of my month though (20th to 19th Month) so may crack yet...
    Finally had my eyes opened and I am ready to tackle my debts!
    Janus Illusion challenge #87
    Total CC & overdraft: £5827, planned DFD= 31.12.14
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all I am going to try to drop another £50 on my Grocery challenge so for May my budget is £200 THANKS
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi forgot to say I purchased a second hand freezer for my garage now I cant wait to start filling it with home made stuff and saving more money thanks to everyone on here Im usually on grabbit board but would like to get into this thread while Im feeling enthusiastic about new freezer so hope its ok I keep dipping in and out of this great thread
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £4.32 in Tes*0 Express on 9 boxes of tissues, priced at 96p but going through at 48p. Then £12.16 on kitchen rolls, greek yog, milk and bits and bobs in Lidl.

Brekkie was a shared hot cross bun with DGS......he shared mine! He had already had his breakfast! ;)

Lunch will be the last of JJ's herby cheesey bread, warmed in halogen oven, with some LO and YS back bacon, left over from the weekends baking.

I have a chicken casserole in the slow cooker for tea.

I do NOT need to buy anything else grocery related until the weekend.....and probably not even then.....

So why do I WANT to?????? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,926 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    64?

:)

Spiced chicken with chickpeas was lovely but recipe for 4 fed DH & me!! So, not a cheap recipe!

Shopping list ready for tomorrow. Will be A!di then T*sco if needs be.

Night night :)
    Wrong - not 64. :D
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/325
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 76
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • Florenceem
    Options
    jedi82 wrote: »
    Good morning all, had an NSD yesterday as three poorly kids at home and a poorly mummy too. All three are off again today but going to take one to the docs and so will have a walk to the beach to give us all some fresh air (and the weather is beautiful today). So, probably won't be a NSD as will need more calpol (boots own version) and I am a sucker for getting them a treat if they are poorly.

Dinner tonight is sorted - prawn risotto with brown rice (as DH says we have to eat this to lose weight!!).

Have a nice day and Florenceem, I am guessing 67???

Jedi x
    Nope - not 67. :)
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/325
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    Books read - 2023 - 37
  • Florenceem
    Options
    Hi all,
    I bought lots of eggs which were whoopsied so now have 23 eggs which I need to use up and take care of somehow. I want to make quiche at some stage soon but I can't fit an actual quiche in the freezer so I was wondering if I could make the egg mix and put that in the freezer. Will the egg keep like that? It could come in handy having beaten eggs in the freezer but never heard of anyone who have done that. I was also wondering what people's views are on how long the eggs will keep in the fridge anyway. The use by date was 27th of April.

I have need of more of your good peoples wisdom and ideas too as I have a good bit of pasta penne LO with a little bit of cheese sause on them (spread over all of them). I want to make something with it this evening so it wasn't wasted if you see what I mean. I haven't got bacon in the house otherwise I would have done a carbonara type thing. I do have frozen salmon which I could cook and flake over the pasta and serve with a salad and bread, or I have a tin of tuna. Do you think tuna would go nicely with the cheese sause? Any other ideas? If you help me find use for the LO pasta I will have used up all my left overs so far this week :T

Plan to buy bread today but nothing else so am actually doing okay with the GC this month :rotfl: 17 days left of my month though (20th to 19th Month) so may crack yet...
    I don't cook pasta so no help to you. :o Dates on eggs are just dates on eggs to me - I crack them open - look and smell. :D No poorly tummies here. :)
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    Books read - 2023 - 37
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts