Lloyds Bank

NowInspired
NowInspired Posts: 59 Forumite
edited 29 June 2018 at 1:52PM in Debt-free wannabe
Hi

I'm having a few problems with Lloyds Bank. I'm setting up a joint DMP with hubby.

I'd missed a couple more payments to Lloyds than he had so I had the first communication with them when they wrote to me from their debt collections department. I replied to them straightaway explaining the situation. They then wrote to me again saying they'd not heard from me. I replied, sending a copy of my first letter and sending them in effect was a holding letter explaining financial difficulties etc. Still no reply.

At the same time I sent the holding letter to them in respect of my husband's account, addressing it to the collections department, the same as mine. They replied to this from a different address, acknowledging that he'd contacted them and giving him 30 days to sort things out etc etc..

But still no reply to any of mine! I don't know what to do. How can all my letters go unnoticed but hubby's get replied to?

We've now also sent the requests of for CCA's a week or so ago but no replies to those either yet.

I've heard Lloyds can be a pain and it does look that way at the moment.
NI

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,833 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi,

Just follow their online complaints procedure, that should get you noticed :

https://www.lloydsbank.com/contact-us/how-to-complain.asp

As for CCA`s, they can take a while, chase up after a month if nothing is heard.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have found lloyds to have gone downhill. I'm going to pay off my overdrafts then go elsewhere. They have made it hard for me to pay back debt. They take an age to answer the phone and You get inconsistent advice.
    You could send another letter recorded delivery. You could also go to a branch of you have spare time. If you sit there, they can't brush you off. Keep a record of all communication so you can prove its not you being akward.
  • NowInspired
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

Just follow their online complaints procedure, that should get you noticed :

https://www.lloydsbank.com/contact-us/how-to-complain.asp

As for CCA`s, they can take a while, chase up after a month if nothing is heard.

Thanks sourcrates, I'll look at putting in a complaint.
  • NowInspired
    I have found lloyds to have gone downhill. I'm going to pay off my overdrafts then go elsewhere. They have made it hard for me to pay back debt. They take an age to answer the phone and You get inconsistent advice.
    You could send another letter recorded delivery. You could also go to a branch of you have spare time. If you sit there, they can't brush you off. Keep a record of all communication so you can prove its not you being akward.

Thanks Fireflyaway. I've set up some folders now and have printed out all my communications. At first they were all in one folder but I soon realised that I may need more than one as I was getting very confused. I'm glad it's not just me that thinks Lloyds are going downhill.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I have found lloyds to have gone downhill.

Blimey! They weren't very good to start with.
  • Hi again,

Just an update.

Lloyds are still being lapse with everything. With each of our cards they eventually wrote and asked for income and expenditure forms which I sent over a month ago. I have received no response at all from them to those.

With the loan I gave them warning that we would be cancelling the direct debit, were in difficulties etc, would be setting up a dmp and would be sending them details. No reply. I then sent them the details. Still no response.

Then there was the overdraft. I told them we were in difficulties and asked for them to freeze interest so that we didn't go past our limit and that we were doing a dmp, would send them details etc. No response whatsoever and the daily interest continued on and took us past our limit.

As suggested by sourcrates I decided to put in official complaints to them. The first one I have done is a complaint about the overdraft. I wrote quite a strongly worded letter and sent copies of my correspondence last week. As of this morning I see that yesterday they have refunded some interest. Still nothing in writing through but maybe this will come so I will hold tight on that as clearly something is happening.

I am now going to start complaints about the cards and the loan about the lack of communication.

I've found my communications with Barclays to be so much better, I wish we'd got everything with them and not Lloyds.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I wish I could tell you how to get Lloyds to respond to the simplest query. I work for the CAB and they routinely ignore me, even when I am offering payment!

Our recommended contact address is Lloyds Collections/Recoveries, PO Box 487, Brighton BN1 4GY

Please let me know if you find a better one
  • Thanks, I've written to that address before, it was the first one I used that they ignored. They seem to ignore everything.

For the complaint re the overdraft I've written to:

Lloyds Bank
    Customer Services
    BX1 1LT

I wonder whether they will reply in writing.
  • NowInspired
    edited 19 August 2018 at 7:05AM
    They have now written about the overdraft and have explained about the refund, which is mainly interest charges back to when we originally wrote to them. They are then now giving us another 30 days without charging interest.

They have also given us a small amount of compensation.

I will be writing to them again in any event as obviously we want them to freeze the interest altogether.
  • NowInspired
    edited 22 August 2018 at 4:41PM
    Lloyds have now written about the loan, the first letter acknowledging that we have not paid and no reference to any of my other letters.

I have replied sending them copies of the previous letters I have sent to them, asking them to acknowledge receipt and to please note the contents! I am getting very into all this letter writing!

If there is no response to that one, I will be lodging a complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure