Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• Hope you're feeling better soon HHOD xx
    Mummytogirls x

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I hope you feel better soon hairyhand. So many are being floored by this flu. Take the time you need to get better.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad you are on the mend, take care xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Thank you Nicnak, MTG, Parsniphead and Jwil.

I've just dragged myself out of bed. At least my cough is clearing up a bit so it's not keeping me awake any more, but my sinuses feel blocked and painful and the slightest exertion gives me a headache and makes me light headed.

I put a wash on for DH yesterday and folded up some clean washing for him, but that was all I could manage :(.

The NHS paid for my flu jab because of my asthma, otherwise I'd be tempted to demand my money back! How can you have a flu jab and still catch flu? :(

But the silver lining is that it's day twelve of NSD and AFD. I still can't face caffeine so I'm just drinking water and the occasional mint tea.

DH gaves me some roses and chocolates on Valentine's Day. I've been enjoying looking at the roses but I haven't felt well enough to eat the chocolates yet.

DH has been doing a Mr T shop online and spending about £70. But he's also been doing trips to Mr M to get extras to tempt my appetite like jellies, Yeo natural yoghurt, grapes and soup. I can't face any of the things I normally eat. So I dread to think how much that has been costing :(.

We've had glorious sunshine the whole time I've been ill, so I hope it doesn't rain as soon as I'm better.

Sorry to moan and I hope all my readers are well :)
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you are on the mend a wee bit.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sounds like youve been dreadfully ill HHOD, wonder if youve had one of those other strains that were in the news the other week? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Thank you Nicnak, MTG, Parsniphead and Jwil.

DH gaves me some roses and chocolates on Valentine's Day. I've been enjoying looking at the roses but I haven't felt well enough to eat the chocolates yet.

)

You know you're not well when the chocs aren't tempting !
    But they'll be so nice when you feel better.
    How lovely that DH is stepping up and trying with foods to pique a reduced appetite.

You deserve a little TLC - a pity you have to be ill to get it !

Keep improving - if all the good wishes being sent do their work, you'll be back to your incredible step-count in no time !!!
  • Sounds like youve been dreadfully ill HHOD, wonder if youve had one of those other strains that were in the news the other week? xx

It has been a nasty bout and knocked me for six :(
    You know you're not well when the chocs aren't tempting !
    But they'll be so nice when you feel better.
    How lovely that DH is stepping up and trying with foods to pique a reduced appetite.

You deserve a little TLC - a pity you have to be ill to get it !

Keep improving - if all the good wishes being sent do their work, you'll be back to your incredible step-count in no time !!!

DH and DS1 are looking after me really well. DH rises to an emergency very well.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You sound how I felt , albeit you have had flu. Get better soon , you will soon be out walking again in the mornings .
  • Thank you Cumbria. The way I feel now on day 12 I reckon it could be another week before I'm completely back to normal :(. I don't even feel like going out which is not like me. Normally I'd be stir crazy after a couple of days.

I hope you're better now Cumbria.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure