Is this gaming PC any good?

2»

Comments

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Is the picture high?

Spammer in the making judging by this and your other irrelevant 2 or 3 word posts
  • If you collect yourself, there will be no extra charge for the same parts from the store.
  • RyanEzio
    RyanEzio Posts: 100 Forumite
    I'm pretty new to PC gaming , but my pre built PC cost around £850, plays most games in high settings.

Most low end PCS now are much, much better than Xbox 1 or Ps4. I haven't gone back to console gaming. Although I have Fifa 19 on PC and play with controller.
    Ryan
  • Link leads to a 404 error. Using the item number in the address though....do you mean the vortex minerva xt-r with i5 and nvidia gtx 1060 @ £999.99?

The graphics card is good but processor not so much imo.

This is typically what retailers do though - pair a really good CPU with mediocre GPU or vice versa.

Price up what the components would cost separately - and be aware sometimes better/newer components can be cheaper than ones that aren't being manufactured anymore.

Just ran that system's specs through PC Partpicker and the price with a bit of profit tacked on appears about right. I agree with you about the spec, though.
  • I'm getting a 404 here. The best thing to do here would be to either wait for Black Friday offers or just check out PC Part Picker and other websites where you can build it yourself. Then maybe wait till Black Friday or Cyber Monday and see if you get any discounts on those parts you picked.
  • Look into what u require value it up utilizing examine the UK they have probably the best arrangements in UK.if ur neighbourhood to Bolton go visit them they will help u out.they likewise have a tremendous showcase of what u can get. I utilize them all the time for pc bits.im because of update at end of the year and running for an i7 with something like a 1060gt may even push to 1080.but sick be spending like 1500 on my pc.
  • 404 Error in your link. Page can't open
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Get the specs and look at the component costs and see if it's cheaper to build it yourself.

I would personally build the machine myself purely because I can get the components I want. Case in point if I was on a tight budget and wanted to get the most out of my money I'd spend getting the best mobo, gfx and cpu and economise on ram, ssd (get a lower capacity than I need), case, optical drives etc. The drives, ram etc can be upgraded later but the cpu mobo is the framework of your system and upgrading that is effectively buying a new machine.

Some stuff are easy to ebay and get rid of. Gfx card tends to depreciate hard, so is cpu and mobo. Ram isnt too bad. Ssd I never needed to sell because I always donate it to some laptop or console around the home that can use it.

I do mostly buy second hand stuff. I find them to be perfectly reliable, my cpu, gfx, ram are all second hand. The only thing new is the mobo which I feel is important to buy brand new. Ssd I also buy brand new because the prices are always coming down and I noticed in auction that the ebay prices tend to go up to 80% of new price. You might as well buy brand new in that case
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure