PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks - I've left a message, and another email (3rd in the last week) and still no reply from them. I know they're busy, but all the emails come via their PA anyway so surely a quick email to say they're waiting on searches still / searches are back but haven't been read yet isn't difficult.

From what I've read on here, we still need to receive a report with results of searches, a fixtures and fittings form, then draft contracts before we can exchange - does that sound right?

This is unacceptable. After xmas call them and demand an immediate update.
    If they are local go in and see them. This is the sole reason why I always chose a local conveyancing firm so if I need to I can pop in and kick some butts.
  • Thought I’d update after we finally moved!
    So we exchanged Friday 15th and completed on the 19th December.
    On the day we moved the removals company we booked (which wasn’t the one we wanted but had to use because everywhere else had booked up) called saying both vans had broken down! They eventually turned up at 11am with one van that they had hired! Eventually by 12pm the second van arrived. They had mostly packed everything into the vans but we had to stuff our cars to the max as well!

When we arrived at the new house around 4pm, the Sellers were still removing their stuff!!
    By 6:30pm the removals blokes had dumped our stuff in the house where ever, burying the clothes and important boxes underneath all the other non essential stuff - as labelled!
    The next day we realised they hadn’t put the fridge doors back on and put our sofa back together the wrong way round!
    Furniture was damaged.
    But at least we were in.
    Day two we discovered we had a gas leak so the gas board had to come out.
    To top it off our sellers had shed loads of stuff to get out still from the outbuildings so THREE days later they were still emptying crap out of there.

Moving on top of Xmas is a nightmare I will never do again if I can help it lol!
    My family are lucky to have presents lol

Merry Christmas to everyone!
  • Hoping to join this thread in a few days time as we have a second viewing on the 28th and intend to make an offer.

The house has been on the market for a year having had one chain collapse in that time after dropping the price by a smidge. We are chain free so hoping to go in low and see if we can get the legal ball rolling before we start the year. Fingers crossed!
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • Thought Id pop on
    How is everyone???
    Had a good christmas???

Were kind of ready to take our decorations down now and pack them lol
    Hoping to get an update from our solictors tomorrow and then onto exchange and complete
  • Feel exactly the same re the decs ...just want to get moving although no end in sight just yet as we need to try and negotiate on the property we want to buy ...this is going to take forever if we are in by Feb i will be more than happy !
  • Agree about the decs - well I do, DH is a different matter, lol - not that we made a particularly huge effort this year as it was just the two of us ;)

Made an offer on a house with land yesterday. As expected it was rejected. Have increased slightly today, but not heard back yet.

There's so little that suits our requirements atm, I know in theory it should all pick up soon, but I'm getting panicky with nowhere lined up to buy and our two dogs [STRIKE]and 100+ large fully loaded garden planters[/STRIKE] to consider.

We were thrown a curved ball just before Christmas that - whilst it's wonderful news - could see our search area changing too :o

Hope everyone had a relaxing Christmas and best wishes to all for a speedy exchange/completion as well as good health and prosperity in 2018!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • A little update from me (to stop myself driving myself in sane whilst waiting for everywhere to open on Tuesday!!) :)
    Spoke to sols on Friday they have all the enquiries back bar one
    Says that exchange will be next week with a completion date of week commencing 8th

Fingers Crossed!
  • Still no luck here on securing a purchase - the one we most recently offered on is going to best and final offers. Apparently there have been four offers - three the same (including ours) and one lower. Two of the other parties are dependent on a mortgage.

We made our offer based on not doing a survey which we hoped - coupled with the fact we'll be hoping to tie the whole thing up by the end of Jan - would make us an attractive prospect, but it would seem not :(

That's the third Welsh property we've offered on that has ended up going to best and finals.......grrrrrr!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • kates08
    kates08 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is anyone else wishing away the last of the Christmas holidays until the solicitors are all open again? Mine shut down completely from the last Friday before Christmas, we were expected to exchange before but didn't quite get there. Wondering how long I can hold out tomorrow before I phone for an update!

Out of interest do you chase your EA or solicitor more? The sales progressor at our EA is really good but tends to be quite optimistic (has been telling me we're virtually ready to exchange since November). I get more realistic updates from my solicitor but he seems annoyed that I'm contacting him (only once a week, I don't think that's excessive at this stage!) and always asks if I tried contacting my EA when I want an update.
  • chazzab
    chazzab Posts: 26 Forumite
    Ive been waiting for them to re-open too kates08! Been doing as much planning and sorting as I can without going as far as 'packing' as we haven't exchanged yet but I'm getting twitchy now.
    I'll probably ring my sol first thing Wednesday so she has tomorrow so see my responses to enquiries but I'll be forcing myself not to ring tomorrow. My solicitor has been great and I always get updates from her regarding the sale and purchase progress. She doesn't seem to mind me ringing a couple times a week at the moment so maybe I've found a gem!
    Hoping to exchange by mid January and complete 1st Feb which really isn't long away!
    Good luck to everyone starting to chase again tomorrow and Happy New Year to all :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback