PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Stuck My Parents have 3 houses for me in a trust . I can't get first time buyer discount

Comments

• margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    I am only 22 years old and have been saving for my own first home. I can't get the first time buyer discount because I already have 3 houses in London and 2 aboard which my parents have given me. I want to see the mortgages advisor and she was fuming that I would ask for the discount when I already have 3 houses in London. I haven't bought my own house, why can't I have the discount. I been working from last year after finishing university.

Is it possible to attend university nowadays with such a level of illiteracy?
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    OP, you should get in touch with Snowatlast, who had a surprisingly similar dilemma:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5757837&highlight=crossrail
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    English not OP's first language?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    davidmcn wrote: »
    OP, you should get in touch with Snowatlast, who had a surprisingly similar dilemma:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5757837&highlight=crossrail

Thank you. I was searching for that thread because I had a strong sense of deja vu.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Has anyone seen my violin? Its very very small and I've lost it...

Do you mean your viledin. If you really can't find it I can lend you one.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Cakeguts

Depends on the university. Some of them only require you to be able to write your name to be offered a place.
  • letitbe90
    letitbe90 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Do not feed the troll
  • Cakeguts
    Try again and this time do some research before you post. (It was one of those universities where if you can spell your name correctly you can get a place)

It isn't a first time buyers discount it is a first time OWNERS discount. First time buyers also have to be first time owners. What you have posted doesn't make you a first time owner.
  • theartfullodger
    theartfullodger Posts: 14,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    "Moregain". Either a troll or an off the scale capitalist.

Welcome to MSE
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    davidmcn wrote: »

Thank you.

I read the op and thought that it sounded uncannily familiar and was just about to go on a search.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure