PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Stuck My Parents have 3 houses for me in a trust . I can't get first time buyer discount

Options
Hi Guys,
I am 22 Years old. My Parents has given me 3 houses in a trust. The 3 Houses are In London. They have also given me 1 house in asia and 1 in america. The houses in asia and America do not generate much rental income. If I want I could sell them now and make around £150,000. But I have decided to keep them for the little rental income they provide.

The 3 houses in London are in a prime location near Crossrail. The rent for house number 1 is £2000 a month it's a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom conservatory and detached private garage. The house has been valued at around £500,000.

The second house is a Victorian house which is a 3 bedroom house which can be sold for £360,000 to £380.000. It generated a rental income of £1500 a month. The third houses is the biggest house and is worth around £800,000 and it generate around £3000k a month. It has granny annexe. Which can be put on rent for £1200 which I haven't done yet.

All together the houses generate before any tax is due which is sorted by the accountant . They generate £78,000 before any tax is generated. If I wanted to sell the houses now I could gain £1.7m. But the estate agent has told me that because the house are in a prime location new high street and Crossrail. I could sell all 3 in the future for near £2million. I could gain around £85k rent a year before tax which the accountant will pay the required tax. I would have around £75k a year income . I always wanted to move to united states were £75k would be around $100k a year. If I sold they would be around £2million which is around $2.7million dollar.

I am only 22 years old and have been saving for my own first home. I can't get the first time buyer discount because I already have 3 houses in London and 2 aboard which my parents have given me. I want to see the mortgages advisor and she was fuming that I would ask for the discount when I already have 3 houses in London. I haven't bought my own house, why can't I have the discount. I been working from last year after finishing university.

I been working for 1 year and earn around £25,000 a year after tax. I want to buy my own house . What would you do in my situation???

Comments

• DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with your mortgage advisor. Why on earth should you get a discount?

Why, in effect, should I contribute to your house purchase?

Mind you, it IS the school holiday season, innit?
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Accept that I had been very lucky to be given several houses like that and at quite a young age and forget about trying to get the taxpayer to cough up to help you out even more.

If I owned several houses and had that sort of income - then I'd have no complaints about my finances.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Moregain wrote: »
    I been working for 1 year and earn around £25,000 a year after tax. I want to buy my own house . What would you do in my situation???

Try and make it more believable?
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What is this first time buyer discount? My first house was bought from the vendor at the agreed price, paid more in interest as I was a first timer as well.

As for the rest of your post, well done for the £1.7m worth of properties and pre tax annual additional income of £78K you get.

Keep it up.
  • mrginge
    mrginge Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe start a just giving page? My guess is you!!!8217;ll have the money in no time.
    !!!!!!
  • campbell19925
    Options
    If this isn't the definition of first world problems I dont know what is
  • sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I admire your dedication for wanting to buy something with your own money.

I also admire your audacity for asking for tax deductions when you have £2m in property equity and £85k/year rental income...

If you want the discount you can just sell the properties you currently own and buy a new one.
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    Sweet nelly, seriously!
    When we first bought our own house you didnt even get ANY help, do you think i should complain OP and demand some money back.
    No your right i shouldnt, because it sounds as ridiculous as your problem.
    Eugh!
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone seen my violin? Its very very small and I've lost it...
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Are you trying to wind forum posters up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure