PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    875-894 various bottles, bits of metal and bits of china binned from the garden. Still digging up rubbish from the garden. It was probably more than 20 bits of rubbish.

I'm still ensuring rooms are tidier when I leave than when I arrive and it makes such a difference.
  • Thanks Mrs Salad days for the warm welcome!
    Took your advice and started on a couple of small areas and felt like id achieved at least something by the end of yesterday (in between checking on the football score! ;))

No major efforts planned soft today but will take bits and bobs as itinerary them and add them to the charity shop bag!

Well Done to everyone especially in this heat!
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hi everyone
    Room for another one?! :)

Hi and a very warm welcome from me too! Plenty of room on board for you too!. We are a nice friendly bunch of declutterers on here with a mix of serious, funny and complete and utter loonies. (Don't tell MrsSD I said that especially the loony bit) :rotfl:

875-894 various bottles, bits of metal and bits of china binned from the garden. Still digging up rubbish from the garden. It was probably more than 20 bits of rubbish.

Glad I have some company on here with the garden decluttering. I've nearly finished mine thankfully because it is so hot out there as mine is South facing. I've been decluttering without digging so you must have been boiling out in yours this week so very well done to you.

Will be back later once I've finished compiling my list to go on here.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I ‘see you’ edwink :rotfl:

Fortunately I have a DH to do any heavy work in the garden - but I have let him off due to the hot weather - we also have a South facing garden :D

villagelife, it is gratifying isn’t it? & it brought a smile to my face :D

Downshifterella, it can become compulsive :rotfl: and :T:j well done on an excellent start :T

basketcase & retiredinfrance, hope you are both O.K. ?

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    I can't remember where I am in the count but I'm decluttering 21 prs of trousers and 16 tops for the cs.All too small for me now.
    There's about three pairs that I can't bear to part with though.Maybe another day...
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    marmiterules, 259 on previous page + 21 + 16 = 296 in total - if I can do it for edwink, it is only fair I have a look for you :rotfl:

I am lucky in that I decluttered my wardrobe a while ago of everything that had ‘shrunk in the wash’ :rotfl:
    There are still too many clothes, especially t-shirts, but I am saving the further round of decluttering clothing until the next day it is cool & very wet :rotfl: unfortunately I need to be brutal especially with the stuff I haven’t worn or used in a year :o unless it is a special occasions outfit :rotfl: I have a funny feeling that I will find lots of special occasions outfits :rotfl:

Keep up the good work everyone :D

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    marmiterules, 259 on previous page + 21 + 16 = 296 in total - if I can do it for edwink, it is only fair I have a look for you :rotfl:

MrsSD

Thank you!
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    I can't remember where I am in the count but I'm decluttering 21 prs of trousers and 16 tops for the cs.All too small for me now. There's about three pairs that I can't bear to part with though.Maybe another day...
    marmiterules, 259 on previous page + 21 + 16 = 296 in total - if I can do it for edwink, it is only fair I have a look for you :rotfl: MrsSD

YAY!! I am so pleased that I am not the only one who keeps forgetting their decluttering total :o:o:o. I've done it twice now and Mrs (Sunbather) Salad Dodger came to my rescue on both occasions :T:rotfl:

Another excuse for sunbathing I see MrsSD :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    895 am old t shirt used for rugs.
    896 various bits of packaging.

Well done on everyone's decluttering efforts.
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A few weeks ago I bought down from the loft,allllllllll the containers I have emptied by decluttering on and off over the last few years.I told my partner they will not be going back into the loft-I don't mind what he does with his,but I am going to give away/sell most of my share.
    Today a friend came over with her children.All the boxes/baskets were sitting around my kitcehn.I know she is trying to organise her stuff,so asked her if she would like some.She was very pleased.
    So she left with 4 large IKEA baskets.These were items numbers 67-70 out of the loft :j.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family