Specsavers glasses delay

I had my sight tested at Specsavers on 21 May and ordered glasses on a 2 for 1 offer and was told I could collect on 5 June. I went back and they had my prescription sunglasses (my free pair on the offer) but not my everyday glasses. They could not provide a date for delivery of the glasses and said they would phone me when they arrived. This week having heard nothing I phoned and asked and was told again that the glasses had not arrived and that they could not say when they would and would phone me immediately when they did - they were quite apologetic but didn't seem able to do anything. I assume this is a national system issue rather than local with the branch ordering from some central point and then having to wait for them to arrive but it is a bit frustrating.

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing and any advice on how to progress? Do I have any rights as a consumer? i.e. if they do not produce the glasses by "X" I can cancel, return my prescription sunglasses (unused since I got them) and be refunded and then order glasses again ( although going back to square one and reordering from someone else is not terribly appealing). Not been to Specsavers for quite a while and very surprised by the slow, uncertain delivery so unlikely I will be going there again in a hurry.

Comments

• kirtondm
    kirtondm Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    hmm poor customer service is not being able to at least give you an idea. Complicated varifocal prescription?.

You have no rights to return the sunspecs for a refund as purchased instore and custom product anyway.

In these types of cases I would offer a partial refund as a GOGW. If their is a problem with the particualr lens or frame it would be sensible to either change the lens or the frame.

I would press for more information or if they refuse to be helpful appeal for a refund.
  • Tenzin
    Tenzin Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Thanks for this. The glasses are varifocals but so were the sunspecs on the same prescription. Difference is that the everyday glasses are to be thinned but I did not bother with the sunspecs. Yes, it is the inability to give any idea of timescale that is frustrating. I’ll have another go and see if I can get more out of them. Thanks again.
  • Kay12346
    Kay12346 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Would complain to head office they take customer service very important. They will then contact the relevant store and give them a ear full. The specsavers store you used definitely had no lab to make the glasses so they send them off to make. If you ever use specsavers again try a large store they have a lab on site, some even do same day collection like the store I use in liverpool. Kirkby Shopping Centre, 21 St Chad's Parade, Liverpool L32 8RD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure