Strange questions during their interview pip?

Comments

• unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    But the system makes us paranoid - I'm terminally ill, and no-one was able to tell me what he process would be, not the NHS, not the support groups specific to my condition, and I was panicking in anticipation of yet another battle when all I want to do is live the rest of my life in peace. One morning I bit the bullet and called the PIP helpline - turns out there's a fast track system for the terminally ill. Just needed to get one simple form signed

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    turns out there's a fast track system for the terminally ill. Just needed to get one simple form signed

For this then the diagnosis has to be within 6 months, if so then it's the DS1500 form that your GP/Consultant needs to fill in.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/how-to-claim-if-terminally-ill/
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm terminally ill, and no-one was able to tell me what he process would be, not the NHS, not the support groups specific to my condition

turns out there's a fast track system for the terminally ill. Just needed to get one simple form signed

That's very poor service - both those organisations should be aware of the special rules for benefits. :(
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    wild666 wrote: »
    Whether or not the claimant has a Facebook account or received any back pay is none of their business. They use anything to reduce of not give awards of benefits. The claimant can always stay silent if they ask that type of question as they have nothing to do with the PIP or ESA assessments. Maybe swearing would stop the assessment but some will swear if asked a question that is nothing to do with the assessment.
    If the claimant says YES to the Facebook question then the assessor could do a search on the site for the claimant to find the person and put something in the report like regularly, or on Facebook daily,

I think you are wrong, and irresponsible for suggesting to benefit claimants that they should not answer the questions that the state wants to ask. If you want help from the state, you need to accept the tests that state sets. You don't like the test, persuade your MP to change the, or don't claim the benefits. You have to expect to prove you are entitled to them, because some people claim them when they don't need to.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Bananas123
    Bananas123 Posts: 311 Forumite
    wild666 wrote: »
    MY reply would be 1. None of your f**king business and to number 2. What the F**K has it got to do with you?

good way to get sectioned and as opposed to pip...
  • unrecordings
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    For this then the diagnosis has to be within 6 months, if so then it's the DS1500 form that your GP/Consultant needs to fill in.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/how-to-claim-if-terminally-ill/

Yup exactly this

• unrecordings
    Mojisola wrote: »
    That's very poor service - both those organisations should be aware of the special rules for benefits. :(

I understand both are under great pressure, but in every other respect I'm getting fantastic support. I guess my point is that the government need to get their finger out and properly fund these services & the NHS

(gingerly gets off high horse...)

• I understand both are under great pressure, but in every other respect I'm getting fantastic support. I guess my point is that the government need to get their finger out and properly fund these services & the NHS

(gingerly gets off high horse...)

I think you've been exceptionally unlucky with the advice you weren't given.

All through the processes for myself and my mother, we were given advice and pointers.

The support services could simply have Googled to find the answer and all GP services are also geared up to providing paperwork for terminal illness... the issue being the timeframe.

A good friend of mine was given a terminal diagnosis but told (happily for us) that 'terminal' meant about 5 years... then the system treats the person under the normal rules rather than fast tracking the application.

Your medical team and charity should have done better because the info is right there and available to everyone with just a simple check of the Gov.UK site.

I hope you have many good days to enjoy - PIP should be the furthest thing from your mind.
  • matrix11001
    matrix11001 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It's all part of the "small talk" for them to get a picture of how your conditions affect you. Very much like when someone says they can only walk a certain distance and then the HCP asks them " do you have a dog"

There is no such thing as small talk - it's them just them trying to find ways to deny you benefits - the assessments are all about finding out what you can do so they can twist the report to say you aren't entitled to anything
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    There is no such thing as small talk - it's them just them trying to find ways to deny you benefits - the assessments are all about finding out what you can do so they can twist the report to say you aren't entitled to anything

Which is small talk ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport