Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Thanks Tinyshoes - managed a family ticket

Fantastic :money:
  • Tinyshoes
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    We got wall to wall sunshine, its 28c here. sooo hot again.

All this heat and DD1 is in a predicament, was meant to be having her bathroom redone, and after the fitters took everything out the plasterer has said it's too hot to plaster. :eek:

So now DD is stuck without a bath or shower and has to chuck bucket water down the loo. She is not happy.

Plasterer had to go back to re do another job as it had cracked and he wanted them to sign a waiver if he did theirs, which the fitters didn't think was a good idea. So now they are stuck without work too and all their other jobs will have to be put back too. I guess they dare not start any others and leave them in same situation.

Plasterer is going to come and assess the job as he hasn't actually looked yet and said maybe evenings next week will be an option with cooler nights. It is only a tiny bathroom so fingers crossed.
  • pandoraskids
    pandoraskids Posts: 899
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Venezia wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

1000 Nectar points on Virgin West coast and also LNER East coast now appears on my account, expires in 6 days. My child is refusing to go on the East Coast line as it never seems to track and her guardian gets so cross when she has to contact Nectar about the missing points.

Thanks but I'm not falling for anymore of these.
    Didn't get mine from 22nd may, was that 500 or 1000 points, can't remember. :mad:

I've done the West Coast one as I've never had any problems with that, may not bother with the other one if it may need chasing :(
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Yay it's finally raining. :j:j:j

Proper rain too.

Oooh hope we get some. It is forecasted here. Can see dark clouds in the distance towards the north (probably Chelmsford, that way )
  • Tinyshoes
    gocat wrote: »
    Oooh hope we get some. It is forecasted here. Can see dark clouds in the distance towards the north (probably Chelmsford, that way )

It was very short lived gocat, although I see met office has issued warnings for thunderstorms. Looks like we might miss out...

It was a lovely smell though the little bit we had, something different about summer rain.
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2018 at 3:26PM
    All this heat and DD1 is in a predicament, was meant to be having her bathroom redone, and after the fitters took everything out the plasterer has said it's too hot to plaster. :eek:

So now DD is stuck without a bath or shower and has to chuck bucket water down the loo. She is not happy.

Plasterer had to go back to re do another job as it had cracked and he wanted them to sign a waiver if he did theirs, which the fitters didn't think was a good idea. So now they are stuck without work too and all their other jobs will have to be put back too. I guess they dare not start any others and leave them in same situation.

Plasterer is going to come and assess the job as he hasn't actually looked yet and said maybe evenings next week will be an option with cooler nights. It is only a tiny bathroom so fingers crossed.

I was bathroomless for a week recently after the B&Q fitters stripped everything out and then discovred that B&Q had delivered tiny slimline units instead of full size ones ! A complete spheres up as it took B&Q nearly a week to locate any of the right units. I know ust how she feels !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Tinyshoes
    tbw wrote: »
    I was baghroomless for a week recently after the B&Q fitters stripped everything out and then discovred that B&Q had delivered tiny slimline units instead of full size ones ! A complete spheres up as it took B&Q nearly a week to locate any of the right units. I know ust how she feels !

Hope you are sorted now. :eek:

All the years our bathroom was out of action at least we had the separate shower in the corner to use still and a downstairs toilet.

It doesn't help matters that DD is expecting either so toilet visits needed more frequently. :rotfl:
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

I sympathise with DD. I am in the middle of having a new roofline fitted and besides the stress of will it be OK the heat isn't helping the three fitters. It's a full time job keeping them supplied with drinks.
    Have just re-seeded the grass, some parts didn't take due the the heat, iI think, doesn't matter how much i water. So i put more seed and compost down on Monday on the bald patches. Took me hours. Didn't think that the fitters would need to put loads of materials down on the grass ::eek: just thought it would all fit on the patio - so no chance of the new seed growing :(

Aunt (91) had fall and is in hospital - 80 mile trip to visit. He mobile wasn't working so had to get her a new one and put £10.00 GiffGaff credit on for a month so she can call people as much as she wants. Only problem is after showing her several times and writing down very simple instructions, she can work out how to make a call :( but at least she can answer it.

Mum's freezer on the blink this week so had to get her a new one and transfer everything when it had chilled at midnight last night.

My house alarm kept going off, even when not on, so have had to have alarm man out and a new alarm box fitted.

Will be glad when this weeks over!!!
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

Oh no,hopefully they can do it on evenings for her.

Saversue, its Thursday, week nearly over, next week will be better.
  • Tinyshoes
    It's not just me is it? This definitely has a green hue to it? :eek:

IMG_2144.jpgimg

Meant to be dark brown, good job I haven't attempted to actually use it on my hair. That's a £1 bargain going into the bin. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure