Enstroga Incommunicado

Razoo
Razoo Posts: 126 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
My electricity only contract ends soon and I need to move to a more competitive provider.

A search on MSE's Cheap Energy Club showed Enstroga as one of the cheapest fixed price tariffs currently available. Unfortunately, MSE stated that they are unable to switch me to this tariff and I have to do it myself. That's when the problems started.

On the Enstroga website, I couldn't find the 'Autumn Attraction' tariff that MSE had recommended. I did find a similar tariff called 'Easy Annual', although there's nothing easy about trying to switch to it.

Unfortunately, Enstroga's website is dumb, so it is not possible to apply to switch to one of their tariffs online.

I had to fill in Enstroga's online "Get a quote" application, which so far (10 days and counting) they have ignored. Why I actually need them to give me a quote I have no idea. The daily standing charge and the price per kWh is given, so I can work out the annual cost myself.

At the moment, Enstroga seem to be completely uncontactable.

I have filled in the 'Get a quote' details on their website twice in the vain hope that they might make contact and I spent most of last week trying to telephone them, all without success. I've had no success contacting them this week either.

Their telephone line either comes up as engaged, or, after listening to Muzak interspersed by a series of recorded messages, I am invited to "leave a message after the tone." This is immediately followed by another message telling me that the "recipient's mailbox is full and cannot accept any more messages." I am then cut off.

Clearly Enstroga have some serious issues, based on which I suggest they are best avoided.
_____
Razoo

Comments

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I had exactly the same experience just over a month ago when trying to move away from Octopus (was with Iresa).

No response to emails or phone calls. I went to Eversmart in the end.
  • A similar experience. I've left messages and used the contact form last week.

As the Easy Annual tariff isn't listed on their website then perhaps MSE should remove the entry from its own database? It smells a bit of bait-and-switch.
  • Razoo
    Razoo wrote: »
    Earlier today I wrote:

At the moment, Enstroga seem to be completely uncontactable.

I wonder if Enstroga monitor this forum? :think:

A few hours after I had posted my originating message, I received a telephone call from Enstroga Spain. They apologised for the difficulties I had experienced in contacting Enstroga and explained that Enstroga UK had been unexpectedly swamped by applications after a favourable report. They couldn't cope and are urgently training up more advisors to handle demand. Meanwhile Enstroga Spain seem to be helping out.

I did send an email to <energy@enstroga.co.uk> this morning pointing out the difficulties I was having in contacting them. I think it is this email they have responded to.

In the event, I have now signed up to Enstroga's 1-year fixed 'Easy Energy' tariff (Unit rate: 12.149p per kWh, Standing charge: 22.292p per day).

My Enstroga contract is set to commence on 17 October 2018.

I notice that Enstroga take direct debit payments in advance and that the exit/cancellation fee is £35 per fuel. There is also a £12 online discount.

Hopefully everything will run smoothly... !
    _____
    Razoo
  • Razoo
    cylch wrote: »
    A similar experience. I've left messages and used the contact form last week.

Try sending an email to <energy@enstroga.co.uk>. That seems to have worked for me.
    As the Easy Annual tariff isn't listed on their website then perhaps MSE should remove the entry from its own database? It smells a bit of bait-and-switch.
    The 'Easy Annual' tariff is listed on Enstroga's website. The 'Autumn Attraction' tariff is not.

Comparison websites (e.g. MSE's Cheap Energy Club & Energyhelpline) only appear to offer the 'Autumn Attraction' tariff. To get the 'Easy Annual' tariff, you have to go direct to Enstroga.

The 'Autumn Attraction' tariff works out slightly more expensive than the 'Easy Annual' tariff. Maybe the cost difference more or less relates to the fee that Enstroga pay to comparison websites for promoting their products?
    _____
    Razoo
  • I signed up to Enstroga for dual fuel via a comparison site, never had any need to contact them and the switch has gone ahead with no problems.

I'm aware of the bad reviews, which mostly seem to relate to people trying to contact them and being unable to do so. The explanation given - that they have been swamped by work - does sound quite plausible. Theirs was one of the most attractive tariffs a few weeks ago at a time when ex-Iresa customers were all looking for a new supplier, when several fixed tariffs were expiring and when the big suppliers were making headlines with price increases, all of these leading to a higher than normal volume of switching. They are a relatively new entrant presumably with a small team, and it's quite possible that they had just underestimated how many staff they would need, and it obviously takes a bit of time to get new people recruited and trained up.

Well I'm hoping that's the explanation anyway. I don't anticipate that I'll be wanting to call them, but it's encouraging to hear that they're taking action to improve their customer service.
  • If true, it would have made sense just to make a simple announcement on their website or on here which would have allayed any fears and prevented the bad feedback.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    beardiedog wrote: »
    If true, it would have made sense just to make a simple announcement on their website or on here which would have allayed any fears and prevented the bad feedback.

Couldn't agree more - most of the aggravation and anger with with energy suppliers is down to lack of communication.

It should be easy nowadays. An e-mail squirted out automatically or a note on the website or on-line account doesn't really cost much as it doesn't need human intervention. It's not rocket science.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • matelodave wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more - most of the aggravation and anger with with energy suppliers is down to lack of communication.

It should be easy nowadays. An e-mail squirted out automatically or a note on the website or on-line account doesn't really cost much as it doesn't need human intervention. It's not rocket science.

Try telling Solarplicity that !!!
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I switched my electricity to Enstronga via topcashback/Energyhelpline. The cashback has tracked and Enstronga replied within a day.
  • Razoo
    apt wrote: »
    I switched my electricity to Enstroga via topcashback/Energyhelpline. The cashback has tracked and Enstroga replied within a day.

Interesting that Energyhelpline can switch customers to the Enstroga 'Autumn Attraction' 1-year fixed tariff, whilst MSE Cheap Energy Club cannot.

However, by going direct to Estroga and taking out the similar, but slightly cheaper, 'Easy Energy' 1-year fixed tariff instead, I have saved myself £25.22, which beats the average comparison website's single fuel cashback (usually £15). :)
    _____
    Razoo
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport