Buongiorno - unapproved charges

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Or it could help those who act as you and don't bother checking anything to change their ways and avoid problems in the first place. It obviously won't help you, however, since you're only going to blame everyone but yourself.
  • Or it could help those who act as you and don't bother checking anything to change their ways and avoid problems in the first place. It obviously won't help you, however, since you're only going to blame everyone but yourself.

You really are quite a charmer aren't you!
    The only possible useful input you gave was your first two words saying we should all check our phone bills. Sound advice, those that act like me could not possibly have worked that out. But perhaps you should read these posts again and learn that it would only help you find the issue earlier, and once found you still need to know how to stop it and get your money back.
    Anyway, much as I find all your assumptions about me amusing, we're going to have to stop it here - so long my friend!
  • Sound advice, those that act like me could not possibly have worked that out.

The only sensible thing you've said so far. Well done.
  • I have just received confirmation from Buongiorno that I will receive a total refund. The company I work for has a business account with EE with three separate mobile numbers. Two of these numbers were subject to this scam. One getting hit for £5.00 per month and the other £3.30 per month. I meticulously copied the emails in this string and played a 'game of tennis' with what appeared to be an automated system at Buongiorno till I eventually received an email from them stating that:

"I am writing to inform you that due to a recent change in UK regulations service providers are now required to refund customers in full, if they are unable to provide supporting evidence that their service was accessed during the subscription period. As we have no record of your handset interacting with the service while you were subscribed we will be issuing you with a refund for the full amount charged"

Anybody in the same boat please don't hesitate to contact me and I will endeavor to assist you in the process of obtaining your refund.

Shame on EE for allowing this situation to happen in the first place, who incidentally wiped their hands of it and simply gave me contact details for Buongiorno.
  • Oxym
    Oxym Posts: 2 Newbie
    April 2016 and this is still happening.
    Maybe we are all really absent minded and signing up to services we have never heard of and forgetting about it.
    If not, the business of taking people's money without consent is, as far as I am aware, a criminal offence. If you believe somebody has taken your money without your consent, you should report it to the police. The City of London Police has a special unit set up to tackle fraud. You should contact them about fraud whichever part of the country you live in. This ensures that a single police office sees the entire volume of complaints.

Fraudsters aren't going to stop just because they have to reimburse a few of their victims.

I am a new user on this site, and not allowed to post links to external web sites. but here is a clue.

w w w . a c t i o n f r a u d . p o l i c e . u k

or you can phone them on 0300 123 2040

I have no doubt that Buongiorno Games is a legitimate business and that the huge volume of consumers on line who seem to feel otherwise must be mistaken. But the Police will soon be able to work it out.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You must be joking. Our police can't care less.
  • Oxym
    Oxym Posts: 2 Newbie
    You may be right.

But if they don't get any reports they don't need to. The more reports they get, the harder it is for them not to care. At some stage they have to report statistics on how many crimes have been reported and how many have been solved.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    He is quite right. What you suggest is laughable.
  • I have just received my telephone bill, and again, an extra £7.50 has been taken from my account, well actually my daughters account!! I have had a right go at her again, and she has promised me that she has not bought anything downloaded anything as she did last month. So I thought I would search for this company amazing ..... So many complaints, and I have blamed my daughter. Looking back through my old phone accounts, I have also been charged. When I receive the e mail, to say my bill is ready, I usually only check the final amount. I don't go through it, and I advise you to start checking. This has happened so many times. Thank for the template letter, I have e mailed this afternoon. I will keep you informed.
  • I've been being charged by this company for over 2 years and used the template in this thread and got a full refund of £97. What a scam!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure