IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No PCN Served - BW Legal instructed to collect - help please

Comments

• Pando
    Pando Posts: 20 Forumite
    Will do Quentin, although the PPC is no longer dealing with it, they have passed it onto BW Legal who seem to have figured out the correct address they got a demand over to me :-
    Napier Parking Letter: dropbox.com/s/1148ixm290dx1wu/IMG_20180725_181037.jpg?dl=

I'll give all parties my correct details just in case however
  • Pando
    Oh and I was thinking to send my SAR letter as a CC'd email with scanned V5 document attached, rather than snail mail. Is there any reason I should go with the written approach?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    None
    They accept service by email so they cant complain if it is used.
  • Pando
    Napier Parking have replied asking me to fill out a form to complete the request. Is it in my interest to fill this out or should I let them figure it all out themselves (and 3 pieces of ID that I should send them?)

"I have enclosed a copy of our Subject Access Request form which details the information we require from you before we can process your request. You do not have to complete this form if you do not wish to do so, however, it may speed up your request.

If you do not wish to complete the form, we still require two forms of ID from you as detailed in Section 3 of the form. Once we have received these we can return the information you have requested.

napierparking.co.uk/Napier%20Parking%20Privacy%20Policy%20.pdf"
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Napier think you are mug

They already know who you are
    From getting your info from the DVLA to you replying
    from the same address and requesting they reply to
    the SAR to the same address

Stalling tactics, also hoping you will not respond

Such is the nature of these scammers

"You do not have to complete this form if you do not wish to do so, however, it may speed up your request."

You simply cannot give further private data to Napier

If they do not respond within the statutory period for
    the SAR ....... REPORT THEM TO THE ICO
  • Pando
    My reply "Dear data protection officer.

You have all the information required to deal with this query already. The fact that I am replying to letters sent to my myself at my address by yourselves and by bwlegal is confirmation enough of my identity. I will not be sending any further identification or any thing else that could consitute a breach of my privacy in terms of data held. I await your reponse to my earlier mentioned SAR request. "
  • Pando
    So even though I have sent a SAR request to both Napier parking and BWLegal they are still applying for a CCJ.
    I had thought that the SAR request would put this on hold.
    In the latest letter they brought my attention to the case of ParkingEye Limited v Beavis [2015] UKSC 67 in which the sepreme court held that parking charges and neither extravagant nor unconscionable. Apparently this case "eliminates the main defence that you will have should I go to Court"

Also my claim has" already been processed through an independent appeal service who have dismissed it already and country coury is likely to do the same" - I've never made a claim or an appeal, I've only sent them a SAR request, is this standard template stuff?

See latest Letter
    dropbox.com/s/meh05nyixfnokvy/IMG_20180809_123347.jpg?dl=0

Can anyone tell me what I should do? I can't afford to pay the legal costs of a CCJ now for the sake of not displaying a valid permit.
    I want to fight these guys if at all possible, I just can't afford for a CCJ to go against me. Should they have put proceedings on hold while they satisfied the CCJ request? Or should Napier parking have instructed BwLegal to put it on hold and they have failed to do that?

Any guidance would be very welcome.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have you actually had a claim form?

Potential CCJ is like a potential win on the national lottery - and about the same chances.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have you actually had a claim form?

Potential CCJ is like a potential win on the national lottery - and about the same chances.
    The answer is probably no, because, according to BW Legal's letter, they may be issuing a Letter of Claim on or after 23rd August.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/meh05nyixfnokvy/IMG_20180809_123347.jpg?dl=0
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Why would a sAR put anything on hold?

Yes of course this is a template...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income