Sainsburys Bank global error reactivating old debt file accounts and ruing credit rating

Comments

• kj35
    kj35 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Lenders normally only refer back to your credit files, not make specific comment.

When the only blip on a flawless record is £60 owed for 6 months plus on a settled account from 2012 they have clearly made an exception. I'm flagging a major issue here.
  • Interestingly no one else is reporting it.

Have them remove it again and all will be back to normal
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    !!! wrote: »
    Interestingly no one else is reporting it.

Have them remove it again and all will be back to normal

The OP has a valid complaint and reason to feel aggrieved, youre being unnecessarily cantankerous.

It is as simple as removing it and getting it back to normal the issue raised by the OP is the opportunity cost of such an error. They have every right to feel aggrieved and every right to try and warn others of a potentially problematic issue. Many people do not look at their credit files as such would be oblivious in rectifying this.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This is a good reminder for people to check their credit files in the run up to making a credit application to make sure everything is correct; especially for something important like a mortgage.

But obviously people should be checking them regularly anyway considering its free.
  • kj35
    edited 3 November 2018 at 11:18AM
    Hi thanks all , this is still causing major issues as now because they have reactivated an old account they have made it look like my old debt plan is now live. Step change are helping and have sent us letters but until everyone realises this is not just my account it does look like my word against Sainsbury. People who have had debt plans but now cleared may just think this is their old history still affecting them and won't know yet that this is actually not their fault at all. it will take between 30 to 90 days to clear my credit record by which time I will have lost the opportunity I had. I'm hoping the letter confirming what I have said arrives from Sainsbury today and I will post a copy here.
  • kj35
    spadoosh wrote: »
    The OP has a valid complaint and reason to feel aggrieved, youre being unnecessarily cantankerous.

It is as simple as removing it and getting it back to normal the issue raised by the OP is the opportunity cost of such an error. They have every right to feel aggrieved and every right to try and warn others of a potentially problematic issue. Many people do not look at their credit files as such would be oblivious in rectifying this.

Thank you. I am ignoring Mr Dexter.
  • kj35
    Just spoke to Sainsburys bank, no letter has been sent - another error. They are contacting me urgently on Monday. They confirmed they have known about this issue for some time and have not contacted the people affected. Is anyone senior in money saving expert interested in this at all? this is far worse than the direct debit issue from June.
  • kj35
    Letter confirming bank error received. I have no idea how to attach here? can anyone advise I've looked through the usual forum help links and cannot see anything. This is awful. they knew about this and have not contacted any of the customers involved nor taken steps to correct our credit files unless we approach. I now know for certain others are involved.
  • What does the letter say?
  • kj35
    "Thanks for contacting us recently regarding a closed account.

We're sorry the card noted under the number above was re open after an internal system update affecting your credit file.

We will be amending your credit file within 90 as this has been generated due to bank error"

grammar issues all theirs. the letter is addressed to me (Johnson) and starts "Dear Mrs Pinney"

I'm told it is their standard template for this issue. They said they know about this issue and have known for some time. They have not said what they are doing to correct the issue for those who don't contact them. I've asked for a correctly addressed and correctly worded letter for my bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure