Is anybody with either of these providers?

K9sandFelines
K9sandFelines Posts: 2,562
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 18 November 2018 at 11:52AM in Phones & TV
Onestream
Was going to sign up to their current £9.99 deal until I read the Trustpilot reviews, and there are only seven (establised 2018).

Origin
My daughter is with them and quite happy but they are £18 ish in comparison.

I am currently with Sky and out of contract. I'm desperate for just a broadband deal without the extras for TV. Or the discount they initially offer for free TV, which has now been added back on (£10) at a total of now nearly £30.

I can't see them knocking much off even if I say i don't want the TV. It normally works out nearly the same amount (tried several times before, when contract has been up).

Hear bad reviews about Post Office and Talk Talk, which are apparently two of the lowest priced. Neither Origin or Onestream are included in this tally, only really see info about them both on Trustpilot.

Thanks in advance.
GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb
Forever learning the art of frugality

Comments

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,923
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've been with Origin for over two years now.

I originally signed up for an 18 month 'pay in advance' fibre contract. When this expired earlier this year, I resigned for another 18 months, paying up front. These deals protect from price rises during the contract.

I have found the service to be completely reliable with no dropouts or issues.

However, you will read of others on these forums who have not had such a good experience. A lot of the times this has been down to poor Openreach infrastructure rather than Origin themselves.
  • Mister_G wrote: »
    I've been with Origin for over two years now.

I originally signed up for an 18 month 'pay in advance' fibre contract. When this expired earlier this year, I resigned for another 18 months, paying up front. These deals protect from price rises during the contract.

I have found the service to be completely reliable with no dropouts or issues.

However, you will read of others on these forums who have not had such a good experience. A lot of the times this has been down to poor Openreach infrastructure rather than Origin themselves.

Thanks for your input on this Mister G.

They seem to have better reviews than Onestream anyway!

Do you know how it works if you sign up for standard broadband for 12 months, but are moving house part way through; would this still be inclusive of your 12 month contract?
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,923
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not having done this, sorry, no.

You could try asking on their website, but you probably wont get a reply until tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure