Phone hacked, bank stopped me spenfing online

2»

Comments

• Roadie
    Roadie Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    While I appreciate everyone's and your views can that be even slightly possible? Entering all three sections of the card to match my wife's card the main number, the name and 3 digit on the rear? Surely not.

My frustration is not knowing what possible part of our AV kit that as a family we use may have an issue, very frustrating.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Much like the bank are doing to you, you are not providing us enough information to assertain anything.
  • is there anyone else in the house?
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Whilst the latter part of my post #11 is unlikely, it's not unheard-of for the former part to happen - banks sometimes make mistakes.
  • Roadie
    Roadie Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    Much like the bank are doing to you, you are not providing us enough information to assertain anything.

I know right and imagine how my wife feels, this is all the info we have and she's out of pocket and the bank are saying 'computer says no'.
    I don't know whether to wipe the phone and start again, rebuild my PC, speak to our BBand provider. The facts that the bank are telling us are saying she spent the money. The phone was next to her when the first txt msg came through asking for authorisation from the bank and that's what triggered it all.
    The spend as we have now found was for Northern rail, and we live in the South but like the bank says we 'could' have bought a train ticket for anywhere from anywhere.

Only other people in the house are a 3 and 4 year olds and while good with an iPad I think there limit goes to youtube and Pepa Pig.

Genuinely appreciate all your comments its just so frustrating not knowing what to do. My wife is still trying the bank route but no joy as yet.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why rebuild the pc, just run various programs.
    Wipe the phone is also a bit much but if its easy to do then go for it.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    OP, you could try giving them your home IP address and ask them if it's a match.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure