£170000 in 10 years

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Week 17 .Half way through the week and i have had some brilliant sales of over £200 so far ,it certainly makes up for last week .So definitely look set to be on target for £13000 this coming weekend .I have been shopping and spent £111 this week on food but i have bought all the basics for a month so food shopping should be on track .No overpayments this week again sadly but at least i have paid almost £500 over the 4 months of this year so far so on target for £1500 overpayments by the end of the year if things continue the same which is better than nothing and savings on target to be £21000 by the end of the year if nothing changes and i would be very ,very happy with that .
  • try_harder
    Thank you Busy Mee1 ,i am trying very hard to stay focused ,it seems if you take your eye off the ball for one minute things begin to crumble but i am feeling so much happier now that i have savings for the first time ever but very cross with myself for not doing so years ago .Sorry negativity creeping in again its just when i think of whats been wasted i feel so very cross with myself ,never mind positive thinking now .
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,893 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Don't let the negativity bite TH! It sounds like it's been an excellent week for you - long may it continue!

Have you got weird weather with you today? It was hailing here a minute ago and now the sun is shining again!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• try_harder
    The last day of week 17 and my target of £13000 has been met ,i am very pleased . £1000 saved this month.
    Thank you themadvix i am trying to stay positive .It is lovely and sunny here today but has been very weird weather ,fingers crossed for a nice warm weekend .
  • try_harder
    The first day of week 18 and almost into May and now working towards my target of £14000 i am on holiday in May for two weeks but will still be logging on here to keep myself focused .A sale today on ebax so on target for £10 a day challenge .Today i need to check through my fridges and freezer i did have an inventory but i have lost it annoyingly so i need to write them out again i really need to keep to my food budget in May it went slightly haywire over easter .
    At the moment my ISA is doing really well and is showing a good profit although i know it could go down at any time but nice to see at the minute .I am so pleased that i have savings it definitely makes me feel a lot more secure.
  • McTaggus
    McTaggus Posts: 279 Forumite
    Don't be down on yourself TryHarder! I have just read through your diary and it sounds like you're doing an amazing job! And I think we all beat ourselves up as to why we didn't change our ways sooner - the great thing is that you're doing it now, and doing a great job of it too :)

Keep going and keep smiling! :T
  • try_harder
    Thank you McTaggus .that is very kind of you to say ,i am still struggling April was such a tough month and this month is appearing to be as hard .I am trying to stay positive .
  • try_harder
    Well where did that week go ?I am now into the second day of week 19 and struggling .I found April hard going and May is feeling just as hard .I made a huge mistake ,i foolishly had not taken in to account the fact that my husband would not be working for two weeks so we wont have any money coming in so two weeks money will have to stretch over four weeks meaning no savings will be made and i will be lucky if i hold on to the £13000 i have saved ,still i am very very ,very grateful to be lucky enough to have savings and a holiday.
    Food budget is back on track thankfully although it will only be the first two weeks of this month then i expect i will be eating out a lot so will have to see how things develop.In the new year i will add in an amount to be saved throughout the year for holidays as suggested by you BusyMee1.
    No sales so far this week on ebax nor gumtrex it has been very quiet ,i will list lots more tomorrow.
    Its such a beautiful day here today at last ,the weather has been awful so i have two lines of washing out ,its so nice to see the sun
  • try_harder
    I have to admit i am struggling ,i have lost all motivation i dont know why ,i havent listed anything on ebax when i said i would so no ten pounds a day i have way overspent on the food budget and its only my husband keeping us afloat.Today i think i will read through several diaries ,i always find inspiration here and just hope some of it will rub off on me .
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    try_harder wrote: »
    I have to admit i am struggling ,i have lost all motivation i dont know why ,i havent listed anything on ebax when i said i would so no ten pounds a day i have way overspent on the food budget and its only my husband keeping us afloat.Today i think i will read through several diaries ,i always find inspiration here and just hope some of it will rub off on me .

Hugs try harder. We all have off days.
    I have off weeks! :rotfl:
    We both need to get some stuff on ebax.
    Look at how far you have come since you decided to tackle your finances. You're doing an amazing job! :T:T:T
    You've got this, just keep going. :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories