This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Comments

• Good luck with the overspends - definitely something that can get out of control easily, but I've found it can also easily/quickly be brought back under control, if you want to make it happen.

Very nice on the loading - I've never had a pony willing to do that (though I've tended to settle for "follows me into trailer" rather than "self-loads").
  • Plops can sometimes be posted into the trailer. Sometimes she is going nowhere near it. Depends how hungry she is.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just popping in. Thank goodness that snow has cleared. Jolly hard work. Was snowed in ...well I was ... Mr Watty was very male about the whole thing and continued to go to work while I struggled on with frozen pipes and the whole palava. Slowly melting now to my great relief.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    How's things? Thinking of you x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Wondered how things were with you, hope you're doing ok x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Just checking in to say 'thinking of you' - hope all is ok xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Missing you, Watty x
  • Hoping the radio silence means that you're ok x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Bless you all. The radio silence means I am not ok at all. I thought I would pop on here at 5 am because I've been up for a couple of hours. Life is a total mess for me right now. Turns out that those road trips of Mr Watty's led to an affair and although we are still living together and are going to counselling I am wondering if there is any point to this at all.
    Very despondent.
    Before anyone leaps in and says a word against Mr Watty I will say I have done a lot of listening and I totally get the affair would not have happened if there were not problems in our relationship and there have been problems for years and my head in the sand approach and believing it would all work out somehow was not really addressing those. Hence the counselling. At this point my hope is that we will stay together but the more I listen the more it seems unlikely. Mr Watty is still in contact with the other woman. He is honest, they only text and speak on the phone for now. My hope is that in counselling we can look at how we can move on while the contact still exists. He has twice ended the contact but she just starts it up all over again, including getting another phone number when she was blocked and as soon as he hears from her he rings her and the whole cycle starts again.
    As of 6 days ago she knows I know.
    Since she has contacted him every day. I know because he has told me. He tells me kindly because he says he wont lie and I can hear from talking to him how very mixed up he is about the whole situation.
    Sadly the counsellor we are seeing is on holiday. Desperate to see her. Feel the first 3 sessions were rather wasted as we didn't get anywhere near the truth. Session in 10 days time.
    Can't believe I've started to pour heart out on here. Not even sure what I'm doing back here as rather regret having poured all my earnings into the two mortgages as we are not married .... I should have poured more into 'self protection in the event of split' I feel now.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Hugs, watty. Gazillions of hugs. Keep breathing. In and out. Slowly.

Re the mortgages - you did what seemed the right thing to do at that time. That is all we can ever do, as we do not know what lies ahead.

Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback