PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing Mashed Potato

Comments

• Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Yes you can!:D Mashed potato freezes very well in my opinion. I sometimes deliberately make too much so I have some to freeze.;)
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Psykicpup
    Psykicpup Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Iceland sell it so I guess so ! - not sure how to heat though...
    I THINK is a whole sentence, not a replacement for I Know

Supermarket Rebel No 19:T
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Or save it in the fridge until the next day, stir in a little grated cheese and fry in small flat patties until crisp and brown on the outside.

Or mix in some fried onions and corned beef and make corned beef hash, again frying in the pan until the crust is nice and brown.
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes you can. I have put in tubs, frozen it and reserved it for my grandsons and not a problem so long as reheated properlyl

GB xx
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi emptypocketz,

There's an older thread on freezing mashed potato that should help so I've merged your thread with it to keep all the suggestions together.

Pink
  • Steve-o
    Steve-o Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    Sidetracking slightly, does anyone know if mashed swede turns out okay after freezing? I didn't want to start a new thread when this one is already talking about freezing mashed stuff. :rolleyes:
    I have no signature.
  • Steve-o
    Steve-o Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    Ches wrote: »
    I do this but use an ice cream scoop and then freeze as above. Pop frozen in a hot oven and they brown up nicely. Instant duchess potatoes.

What gas mark do they have to go in at, and how long for? The idea of cripsy scoops of potato is making my mouth water. Do we have a Homer Simpson drooling smiley? :p
    I have no signature.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    As I live alone I always make more mash than I need (force of habit) so I use the ice-cream scoop to get then into freezable dollops.The I put them on a plastic plate, and open freeze them, When frozen put in a plastic bag and use as required.
    If I have something cooking in the oven, then just put them in 20 minutes before serving,or even longer if you want them to brown off.late ten minutes sprinkle some grated cheese on the top as well if you want to or a sprinkle of fresh mixed herbs
  • adsk
    adsk Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Steve-o wrote: »
    Sidetracking slightly, does anyone know if mashed swede turns out okay after freezing? I didn't want to start a new thread when this one is already talking about freezing mashed stuff. :rolleyes:

Mashed swede freezes very well. I defrost it in the fridge overnight and microwave it.
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

Have heap of mashed potato left over. Also mashed swede. Will they freeze for another night, to go with lamb casserole already stashed? :confused:
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family