The Poundworld bargains thread

Comments

• SueMaggie
    SueMaggie Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Staines branch had some of this series of kids books today.

Steve Backshall Deadly Factbooks
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deadly-Factbook-Minibeasts-Spiders-Backshalls/dp/1444012894/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1456596023&sr=1-9&keywords=steve+backshall+books

Still selling for full price of £4.99 on Amazon.

Annoyingly they didn't have the first one in the series on mammals, but had the other five.
  • lilmiss1982
    lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    vinyl-dc-labbit-batman-2-5-vinyl-figure-6_grande.jpg?v=1441751294

Found these in my local poundworld might be national.

They had all 6.
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • lilmiss1982
    lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Bio Glow Aloe Vera & Vitamin E + B5 Naturals Face & Body Scrub 300 ml
    Spotted this in a few poundworlds. Excellent value for £1

$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Formulated with natural plant extracts walnut granules &. Bio Glow advanced formula exfoliating scrub is soft, gentle, and yet an efficient exfoliant. Natural peach extract is rich in alpha & beta hydroxyl acids & natural vitamins. With gentle circular scrubbing the discarding of dead skin cells will promote blood circulation and as well as the impede formation of wrinkles. Ideal for facial exfoliating on normal skin types, fair or dark.
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • manila
    manila Posts: 871 Forumite
    Bio Glow Aloe Vera & Vitamin E + B5 Naturals Face & Body Scrub 300 ml
    Spotted this in a few poundworlds. Excellent value for £1

$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Seen this today too. Held in my hand for few seconds. I found also apricot smell, maybe worth coming back and getting one :D
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier - Hello Panda 4 x 25g Pack, Chocolate, cellophane wrapped.
    25975821-ded6-4ed7-b6f2-04e040cd59b5.jpg
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Found some Loreal foundation in a jar. It was in colour 240 sable sand.

No idea which foundation as I did not want to open the bag.

But might be of use to someone.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • LouLou
    edited 2 April 2016 at 8:08PM
    Couple of things from Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    Barbie Mega Bloks mini figure (other varieties available) and Shopkins twin pack of toothbrushes
    javz5EU.jpg?1
    Mega Bloks Barbie mini figures range here (from the Mega Bloks site) http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71hGK3c76yL._SL1500_.jpg
    Another selection here (will have to look out for Superhero Barbie, as my niece is obsessed with her Princess Power doll!) https://s2.megabrandsmedia.com/catalog/products/megabloks-mini-fashion-figures-cnf71-10968.jpg
    and here https://s1.megabrandsmedia.com/catalog/products/megabloks-tea-party-barbie-80261-7505.jpg
  • LouLou
    edited 5 April 2016 at 1:29AM
    From Argyle Street, Poundworld: Garnier Fructus Matte Gum 150ml (they also sell Putty) - £3.09 at Boots http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Fructis-Surf-Hair-Texturising-Gum-150ml_9303/ Casa 140mm x 40mm Shed & Fence Brush (actually going to use this for wallpapering as I thought it looked better quality than the pasting brush on display), Pro Packer trolley bag, Burton's Fish 'n' Chips Brown Sauce 5 x 25g pack (*apparently it's a "showdown" between Red Vs Brown Sauce - whichever one the public chooses, they'll keep in production).

Added the receipt sideways but it's not easy to read, woops! There were a few "meaningful looks" between young staff members as I asked to change an item just before closing time, but hey, I have a teenage niece - used to it!
    DGD0Kma.jpg?1
    Edit: Re the Pro Packer Trolley bag, from reading HUKD threads it clips to the inside of your trolley, and also comes with a trolley token (can't verify this yet though). There's also a pocket to keep vouchers/your shopping list in.
  • LouLou wrote: »
    From Argyle Street, Poundworld: Garnier Fructus Matte Gum 150ml (they also sell Putty) - £3.09 at Boots http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Fructis-Surf-Hair-Texturising-Gum-150ml_9303/ Casa 140mm x 40mm Shed & Fence Brush (actually going to use this for wallpapering as I thought it looked better quality than the pasting brush on display), Pro Packer trolley bag, Burton's Fish 'n' Chips Brown Sauce 5 x 25g pack (*apparently it's a "showdown" between Red Vs Brown Sauce - whichever one the public chooses, they'll keep in production).

Added the receipt sideways but it's not easy to read, woops! There were a few "meaningful looks" between young staff members as I asked to change an item just before closing time, but hey, I have a teenage niece - used to it!
    DGD0Kma.jpg?1
    Edit: Re the Pro Packer Trolley bag, from reading HUKD threads it clips to the inside of your trolley, and also comes with a trolley token (can't verify this yet though). There's also a pocket to keep vouchers/your shopping list in.

I bought a trolley bag and it didn't come with a trolley token.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought a trolley bag and it didn't come with a trolley token.

I bought 4 of those trolley bags weeks again. The trolley token is very thin and flimsy so would be of no use.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family