PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What to do with the leftover Cranberry Sauce

Comments

• Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Could you put it in truffles? I was thinking about this as I have 2 huge pots of Cranberry & orange relish I made. We can't afford the posh cheeses or cheese bites we normally eat it with and tho we had 2 packs of cheeses for gifts none had any brie or camembert in.

It goes nice in porridge but I am getting bored with that now.As mine is thick and sweet and has orange and port in, was also wondering if it would work like a jam?
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    def brie and cranberry, yum yum
  • mamashaz
    mamashaz Posts: 442
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Try these - they are yummy! Not quite like normal Brownies but my family wolfed them down.

http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/recipes/show/141-cranberry-brownies
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Stir it into stuffing next time you make stuffing from a packet mix.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Reverbe wrote: »
    It goes nice in porridge but I am getting bored with that now.As mine is thick and sweet and has orange and port in, was also wondering if it would work like a jam?

It would work like a jam because it has more or less the same ingredients as a jam!;)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I tend to use it as I would a chutney or use it in dressings. I also dollop it on any dinners I feel the need to, usually along with a generous helping of mustard :D
    Love and compassion to all x
  • babyshoes
    babyshoes Posts: 1,771
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Use it to baste a strong tasting meat like duck or venison, then grill or bake. Even chicken bits or turkey legs would work.

How about stiring it into plain yoghurt? If it isn't sweet enough add a little honey too.

Mix it with apples and make an apple & cranberry pie.

Anything you would use jam for, you can use cranberry jelly for.
    Trust me - I'm NOT a doctor!
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks folks. Some great ideas there. Looking forward to trying some esp as my flatmate broke the seal on a box of cranberries so will have to make some more soon.. lol Won't be trying the stuffing as personally I dont like it but hope it helps someone else.
  • Whitefiver
    Whitefiver Posts: 685
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I made some to take away with us at Christmas, and stupidly left it in the fridge. I am however enjoying a goodly spoonful with my porridge every morning. I find it very nice indeed.

Regards,

White
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Whitefiver wrote: »
    I made some to take away with us at Christmas, and stupidly left it in the fridge. I am however enjoying a goodly spoonful with my porridge every morning. I find it very nice indeed.

Regards,

White
    Me too White and very yummy it is too.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business