GWD Forestry Investment

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    JohnB1974 wrote: »
    The revenue received from the sale of the timber will also be reported independently in the coming months.

You seem to know a lot about this company. Are you posting as their representative?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    jimjames wrote: »
    You seem to know a lot about this company. Are you posting as their representative?
    Seemingly posting as an 'old employee', albeit without clarifying if this meant ex-employee or elderly employee:
    my comments as an old employee of the company

Didn't the Beach Boys sing about the Shill John B? ;)
  • Gambler101
    Gambler101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Good luck investors, cause your gonna need it!!
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • JohnB1974
    JohnB1974 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I don't really want to be put on trial here for every little doubt and assumption, the truth is the only thing that will prove the intentions of the company is for clients to receive returns. Having said that of those clients that have already received returns to date I doubt the first thing they will look to do is post their positive experiences on forums.
    The only thing that is verifiable of course is the amount of assets the company currently holds, and the results from the harvests that will be reported independently.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    You didn't answer the most important question. Why can the investors not sell their investments at the third-party independent valuations?

If the valuations are indeed independent and fair, GWD Forestry can either buy their investments back off them - it would be well worth its coin to demonstrate that the investment is viable - or match them with willing buyers.

If it is not willing to buy back the investments, why not?

If there are no willing buyers, why not?
  • JohnB1974
    In regards to your question they can and are. At present a number of clients looking to sell their marketable timber to the local markets have been notified by the company, those clients in turn looking to sell their timber have notified the company in writing of their wishes. As such harvesting is in progress for those clients and payments are due to be made as per those agreements signed no later than 30 days after harvesting.
    This information will be reported independently in due course in the interests of clarity. The company purchasing the forestry back from the clients I doubt would prove the viability of the actual projects (it would probably just generate more scepticism) but the company being able to provide actual verifiable sales receipts from those projects, alongside their accounts, and proof of the payments being registered correctly through the central bank should provide enough transparency in regards to the Brazilian projects.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Excellent news, hopefully the worried investors in this thread have email notifications turned on and will be back to confirm that their investments have been realised.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,809 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 1 August 2017 at 1:45PM
    In regards to your question they can and are. At present a number of clients looking to sell their marketable timber to the local markets have been notified by the company, those clients in turn looking to sell their timber have notified the company in writing of their wishes. As such harvesting is in progress for those clients and payments are due to be made as per those agreements signed no later than 30 days after harvesting.
    This information will be reported independently in due course in the interests of clarity. The company purchasing the forestry back from the clients I doubt would prove the viability of the actual projects (it would probably just generate more scepticism) but the company being able to provide actual verifiable sales receipts from those projects, alongside their accounts, and proof of the payments being registered correctly through the central bank should provide enough transparency in regards to the Brazilian projects.

So are you posting this as an official company representative or not?

If you are, then you should be able to provide corroboration of what you say via formal statements from the company - for example on the company website.

If you are not, then you're just another poster on an internet forum, apparently making it up as you go along.

[And if you are going to post as a company representative then you need to get permission to post as such on this forum, and we will all be able to see from your forum profile that you have that permission]
  • JohnB1974
    I'm not an official representative, I worked for the company for some time and I'm still in contact with my colleagues there. I think you will find that the information I mentioned will be shared quite openly by the company, and of course those clients who have been contacted will already be aware of these points. If you want to believe that I'm making things up as I go along, then who am I to convince you otherwise, but like I said before I don't want to be personally put on trial here. Hopefully others agree but I think its better to have an open discussion on actual facts rather than just taking the route of instantly assuming the worst.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,809 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I think its better to have an open discussion on actual facts

Of course - but you haven't presented any "actual facts" as far as I can see - just assertions, with no supporting evidence that anyone else can check.

You seem to make much of things that you say will be happening at some point in the future. If the company has been in business for as long as claimed, why are these things (such as independent harvest reports) not already in place?

Personally I can't see your purpose in posting here. As an ex-employee it seems odd that you should feel the need to join up and post here, just to defend your previous employers. And as an ex-employee it seems odd that you appear to know so much about what will (or might) happen in future.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback