Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Morning guys, can I ask if anyone has any knowledge of memory foam matresses, not had a decent night's sleep for almost a year and been told we need to invest in one of these, have had a quick look on web but there are so many different variations, can anyone recommend one at all? please n thanks.x

All I can say is do not buy a water bed!

We bought one in 1990, I always was always cold, OH was hot (I wanted the water higher then him). when one of us rolled over, the other felt sick...it was terrible to sleep on if you had a drink.... and was the reason there was 3 years between conceiving our 2nd child!
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    13566931_1200372236662933_5567410801004656426_n.jpg?oh=a52dfa3c80ddf8eb1a166a14f816ef4e&oe=58C799D2
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Splodge12 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your mum Tweets. Take care.

She just rang again and said she is sat in a chair :T

Also had a moan at me yesterday she said to take all this stuff clothes towels etc which I did in 1 bag I found and 2 carry bags :D

Tells me on phone do I remember years ago when I told her to have a special bag ready packed incase she goes hospital in emergency. I said yes. Well said bag is in her wardrobe :eek: I said how was I to know if she never told me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

She said bro would know I replied I don't route and not nosy like he is she replied that's true.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All I can say is do not buy a water bed!

We bought one in 1990, I always was always cold, OH was hot (I wanted the water higher then him). when one of us rolled over, the other felt sick...it was terrible to sleep on if you had a drink.... and was the reason there was 3 years between conceiving our 2nd child!
    Oh dear, what a vision I now have in my head!! Lol!
    Off to the pub with lots of glitched goodies as they are fundraising for lights for the village Christmas tree and the Poppy appeal, and it is a blinking good excuse to have a drink on a cold, wet, Sunday.
  • Snap-ant wrote: »
    13566931_1200372236662933_5567410801004656426_n.jpg?oh=a52dfa3c80ddf8eb1a166a14f816ef4e&oe=58C799D2

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Very Novembrrr out there.

Went to T in a fleece and a coat and still cold. Still, 29p blueberries are ok. :D

Their Xmas tree is up...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    As a bank update, i am busy setting up BoS to replace San123 as the interest rate has halved to 1.5%. Worth considering if you were using San123 as a savings account.

Anon

I moved to the 123 light account which costs £1, but I get about £15 in cashback per month, I cleared the account by repaying some mortgage... now I just need to sort out an account that gives good interest but easy access to.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Agree with everything she said!

And the last 4 digits on the barcode are.......................

whats the odds on them being all the same 4 digits, bet its not 10,000 to 1 :D:rotfl: now whats the odd on that :p
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I moved to the 123 light account which costs £1, but I get about £15 in cashback per month, I cleared the account by repaying some mortgage... now I just need to sort out an account that gives good interest but easy access to.

I've done the same with the mortgage. Did you move to 123 light online ? Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • Good to hear you're improving LEJC, they'll chuck you out when you start chasing the hunky doctors :D

Glad to hear your mum is sat in a chair tweets, must be alright if she is moaning again :)
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport