Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    davemorton wrote: »
    I cant seem to get off on them, give me a lappy or desktop any day of the week.

The mind boggles :D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Do you see where it says moneysaving expert across the top well there s a circular arrow to the right , try that :) You will want one they are great :)

There are 3 dots and the cross that shuts the page, just been on the hunt for the charger:rotfl: but she said she would text when there as she had to drive quite a long way but no mobile signal so she just rang house phone as guessed. I didn't have a signal as not answered her so I just asked and all plugged in now:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    davemorton wrote: »
    I cant seem to get off on them, give me a lappy or desktop any day of the week.
    :eek::eek:
    emerald21 wrote: »
    The mind boggles :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Evening Elite :j:j

Hope LEJC is behaving in hospital, or at home if they let her out
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Do we all know about this?

Up to £140 credit on your winter fuel bill.

Check eligibility criteria ....it's not just for those receiving Pension Credit but for those receiving other benefits too.....i.e. Income support.

Apply through your energy supplier and they will provide credit in instalments throughout the winter.

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

I got this last year and year before as just on C/Service ill-health pension and disability (PIP), this was through n{Power. But I changed supplier in March and SSE say I do not qualify. I checked with n{Power and I would have still qualified with them :(:(:(

An unexpected NSD for me today as had to come straight home from working in shop as worried about Berry as he had me awake all night with mild relapse of his dementia, but he was OK :D It set me wondering as his first symptoms started about this time last year, so maybe he suffers from S.A.D. :eek:
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • bubbs
    Found it now emerald
    Hi 3dogs glad berry is ok, theses 2 are fast asleep in front if the fire, I have a roaring fire going it's lovely
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,941 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    3Dogs wrote: »
    I got this last year and year before as just on C/Service ill-health pension and disability (PIP), this was through n{Power. But I changed supplier in March and SSE say I do not qualify. I checked with n{Power and I would have still qualified with them :(:(:(

The rules should be the same whichever provider you use. It is government money.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Evening Elite :j:j

Hope LEJC is behaving in hospital, or at home if they let her out

An unexpected NSD for me today as had to come straight home from working in shop as worried about Berry as he had me awake all night with mild relapse of his dementia, but he was OK :D It set me wondering as his first symptoms started about this time last year, so maybe he suffers from S.A.D. :eek:

I recently spoke to a neighbour who is a pensioner like me who told me that he gets 20% reduction on his water bill because he is on a low income.

I rang my water supplier and applied over the phone.No forms to fill in.They just asked about my pensions+private pensions.Did not mention savings at all and I will be getting a 20% reduction on my metered bill.Worth enquiring.
  • 3Dogs
    edited 5 November 2016 at 8:26PM
    bubbs wrote: »
    Found it now emerald
    Hi 3dogs glad berry is ok, theses 2 are fast asleep in front if the fire, I have a roaring fire going it's lovely

Heating off now as I can only put it on for short periods and never higher than 18 degrees as Berry can't cope with heat. So I'm more often than not, sitting here wrapped in my dressing gown, with Berry in back garden and back door open :eek: Oh I do love a roaring fire :j
    silvercar wrote: »
    The rules should be the same whichever provider you use. It is government money.

There are two bands, the pension credit 'Core' group which is the same for everyone, and then what they call the 'broader' group and energy suppliers can set the criteria for this differently and also they can limit number of people they award it to
    savvy_sal wrote: »
    I recently spoke to a neighbour who is a pensioner like me who told me that he gets 20% reduction on his water bill because he is on a low income.

I rang my water supplier and applied over the phone.No forms to fill in.They just asked about my pensions+private pensions.Did not mention savings at all and I will be getting a 20% reduction on my metered bill.Worth enquiring.

I used to be on SoLo rate for my metered water, as only person in household, but they stopped that. I will certainly exquire about the scheme you mention savvy sal :T It may be for Pension Credit people, and my Pension Date, after all the changes they made, is not until 6/7/17, a few days before my 64th birthday. In fact I will automatically qualify for the Warm Home Discount on my electricity next year
  • 3Dogs
    Warm Home Discount - from OffGen

Broader Group: a £140 rebate to fuel-poor customers

Obligated suppliers must provide rebates to a wider group of customers who are in or at risk of fuel poverty. They have some discretion to vary the eligibility criteria to address their specific customer base, however the support must be directed at those in or at risk of fuel poverty.

The mandatory criteria and guidelines are set out in the Warm Home Discount regulations.

Support under the Broader Group element of the scheme is generally delivered on a first come, first served basis, with customers of participating suppliers applying directly for support. Most obligated suppliers open their applications over the summer and aim to pay out the rebates over the winter.
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/shopitize

Their financial summary looks a bit sick.

One way of reducing creditors by suspending their accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure