1450031550_Screen%20Shot%202015-12-13%20at%2018.31.22.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596363

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Subject to change)

Certificate - 15

Tuesday 12th December

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

London - Soho

When four outsiders saw what the big banks, media and government refused to, the global collapse of the economy, they had an idea: The Big Short. Their bold investment leads them into the dark underbelly of modern banking where they must question everyone and everything. Based on the true story and best-selling book by Michael Lewis (The Blind Side, Moneyball), and directed by Adam Mckay (Anchorman, Step Brothers) The Big Short stars Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • I don't have a printer of my own, is it necessary to print copies of tickets or will cinemas accept seeing the email confirmation of my ticket on my mobile phone?
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I don't have a printer of my own, is it necessary to print copies of tickets or will cinemas accept seeing the email confirmation of my ticket on my mobile phone?

My printer is broken so I always show my tickets on my phone. It does cause a little confusion sometimes and the staff might want to write down reference numbers but you should be OK.

I would advise having the ticket ready to show before going in as some cinemas have poor WiFi and if possible get there early so you don't hold up the queue or lose your place.
  • Screenshot your ticket on your screen then it doesn't matter if the WiFi is poor or not ��
  • Saw ExMachina in West F. Stratford Vue...
    the screening hall was nearly full(57 seats)

It looked like Vue stratford sold some of the seats making the first come first served out of the window. The seated had to move to other seats in the process making one couple to split up...

Some of them said they are going to complain to SFF. Although I agreed at the time, Now I wonder if it is SFF 's fault. Vue (In this instance) must tell SFF how many seats are available in advance.

I wonder if other venues did/do the same... share your experience.
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    SpreadPyar wrote: »
    Saw ExMachina in West F. Stratford Vue...
    the screening hall was nearly full(57 seats)

It looked like Vue stratford sold some of the seats making the first come first served out of the window. The seated had to move to other seats in the process making one couple to split up...

Some of them said they are going to complain to SFF. Although I agreed at the time, Now I wonder if it is SFF 's fault. Vue (In this instance) must tell SFF how many seats are available in advance.

I wonder if other venues did/do the same... share your experience.

These special screenings of Ex Machina were always scheduled films. SFF gave out free tickets after the cinemas put their listings up. As far as I know, Vue ask people to exchange their printouts for proper tickets but maybe not in all sites.

I went to Odeon, there were no problems there and staff either checked printouts or phones as well as checking tickets from those that bought tickets.

Sounds like your Vue weren't as well prepared as they should have been.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 15 December 2015 at 12:22AM
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I emailed the confirmation email I was sent by SFF to the friend I went with and he printed out the tickets. At the cinema they were taken at the main entrance but no further checks were made.
    It was a good film and a nice way to spend a cold Sunday evening, the cinema was about 70% full.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January 2016 at 5:19PM
    COMING SOON

For SUN PERKS subscribers

DIRTY GRANDPA

1452186832_ScreenShot2016-01-07at17.13.06.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860213

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Possibly subject to change)

Certificate - 15

Monday 18th January

LOCATIONS

Basingstoke Festival Place
    Birmingham
    Bolton
    Bristol Cribbs
    Cardiff
    Cheshire Oaks
    Croydon Grants
    Eastleigh
    Edinburgh Omni
    Finchley RoadGateshead
    Glasgow Fort
    Hull Princes Quay
    Islington
    Leeds Light
    Leicester
    Manchester Lowry
    Northampton
    Norwich
    Portsmouth
    Sheffield
    Shepherds Bush
    Thanet
    Thurrock Lakeside
    Watford

http://perks.thesun.co.uk/public-perks/get-your-tickets-to-dirty-grandpa

Jason Kelly [Zac Efron] is one week away from marrying his boss’s uber-controlling daughter, putting him on the fast track for a partnership at the law firm.

However, when the straight-laced Jason is tricked into driving his foul-mouthed grandfather, DlCK [Robert De Niro], to Daytona for spring break, his pending nuptials are suddenly in jeopardy.

Between riotous frat parties, bar fights, and an epic night of karaoke, DlCK is on a quest to live his life to the fullest and bring Jason along for the ride.

Ultimately, on the wildest journey of their lives, “dirty” Grandpa and his uptight grandson discover they can learn from one another and form the bond they never had.

This outlandish comedy also stars Julianne Hough, Aubrey Plaza, Dermot Mulroney and Adam Pally.

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
  • quoia
    COMING SOON

For SUN PERKS subscribers

GOOSEBUMPS

1452098963_ScreenShot2016-01-06at16.47.13.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1051904

Certificate - PG

Monday 25th January

LOCATIONS

Birmingham Broadway Plaza
    Bluewater
    Bournemouth
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Colchester
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Edinburgh Wester Hailes
    Glasgow Braehead
    Hatfield
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Leeds
    Leicester - Cinema De Lux
    London - Greenwich
    Maidstone
    Manchester Printworks
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Nottingham
    Reading
    Sheffield
    Southampton
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Teesside
    Walsall
    Wimbledon

In Goosebumps, teenager Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette), upset about moving from a big city to a small town, finds a silver lining when he meets the beautiful girl, Hannah (Odeya Rush), living right next door, and makes a quick friend in Champ (Ryan Lee). But every silver lining has a cloud, and Zach’s comes when he learns that Hannah’s mysterious dad is in fact R.L. Stine (Jack Black), the author of the bestselling Goosebumps series. As Zach starts learning about the strange family next door, he soon discovers that Stine holds a dangerous secret: the creatures that his stories made famous are real, and Stine protects his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When Stine’s creations are unintentionally released from their manuscripts, Zach’s life takes a turn for the weird. In a crazy night of adventure, it’s up to Zach, Hannah, Champ, and Stine to team up and get all of these figments of Stine’s imagination – including Slappy the Dummy, the girl with the haunted mask, the gnomes and many more – back in the books where they belong to save the town.

• quoia
    edited 7 January 2016 at 11:14PM
    COMING SOON

For TELEGRAPH subscribers

YOUTH

1452189971_Screen%20Shot%202016-01-07%20at%2018.05.00.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3312830

NOTE: Some SUBTITLES - Spoken language includes SPANISH and SWISS GERMAN

Certificate - 15

Monday 18th January

LOCATIONS

Bath
    Birmingham Broadway Plaza
    Brighton
    Edinburgh Lothian Road
    Guildford
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    London - Greenwich
    Manchester Printworks
    Metrocentre Gateshead
    Oxford -George Street
    Southampton
    Tunbridge Wells
    Wimbledon

From the Academy Award®-winning director of The Great Beauty, and featuring a career-best performance from Michael Caine, Youth is a warm, witty and deeply moving portrait of love and loss. With dazzling visuals a great soundtrack and a stellar supporting cast that includes Harvey Keitel, Rachel Weisz and Jane Fonda, Youth is essential viewing.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport