EBay - no parcel, no refund, wrong tracking number, seller won't communicate. Feel scammed!

Options

Comments

• mandy44d
    mandy44d Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    How much were these boots for extensive and conclusive CCTV checks?
    How many people are at these offices? They may well have been signed for outside by someone else and not passed along.
    What's the seller's feedback like?
    Is it a private or a business seller?
    For Ebay to find for the seller it would usually mean they had checked the address/postcode for delivery confirmation.
    I doubt the credit card company will help so you need to get back on to Ebay and/or the seller to help. A good place to start would be to think that this wasn't a scam and that there has been a mix up somewhere. It may well be a scam but accusing at this stage won't really get you anywhere.

Royal Mail have already confirmed to them that it wasn't sent to their address. I had a similar situation where I didn't receive a parcel and the tracking I was given showed as delivered with a signature. I contacted RM and they couldn't give me the details other than confirm it wasn't delivered to my address. Turned out the seller messed up the address and they refunded me.

Not sure why eBay aren't checking the address on the proof they've been given as the tracking should show the number and postcode only.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 May 2018 at 4:42PM
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Who is left to ring? RM and ebay have been rung already (although I think ebay is worth another try) and I'm not sure what phoning the seller would achieve.

I would be phoning the seller to ask why they have not provided what i asked for.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mandy44d wrote: »
    Royal Mail have already confirmed to them that it wasn't sent to their address. I had a similar situation where I didn't receive a parcel and the tracking I was given showed as delivered with a signature. I contacted RM and they couldn't give me the details other than confirm it wasn't delivered to my address. Turned out the seller messed up the address and they refunded me.
    I got that, it's still possible it's either at that address or similar.
    Unfortunately the OP seems to just want confirmation that it was a scam rather than have anyone here help.
    I can well understand why the seller here would not want to communicate with the buyer. If the seller is genuine they may well think the buyer is trying to scam them. If they aren't genuine then their job's been done anyway.
  • merlotsmum
    merlotsmum Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    I got that, it's still possible it's either at that address or similar.
    Unfortunately the OP seems to just want confirmation that it was a scam rather than have anyone here help.
    I can well understand why the seller here would not want to communicate with the buyer. If the seller is genuine they may well think the buyer is trying to scam them. If they aren't genuine then their job's been done anyway.

Thanks to all for responses, not I do not want confirmation that this is a scam, far from it :( Just want my blooming order!!!!

It seems that the sellers feedback has had a number of customers in the same boat over the last week or so, no item received, sent an incorrect tracking number. Seller not helping them with evidence to follow up missing item. Pattern emerging …….. ??? When I bought they had 100% good feedback.

I have approached the seller who refused to send me any confirmation but the tracking number, RM said twice that the actual mailing address the items sent to were not even in my area!

I have emailed seller via eBay and using a personal email, phone (messages left on phone) and sent a registered letter to their business address but nothing. Apart from knocking on their door what else can I do.

Karma I am sure will come back on this one, disappointing :(:(:(
  • merlotsmum
    Options
    mandy44d wrote: »

Not sure why eBay aren't checking the address on the proof they've been given as the tracking should show the number and postcode only.

Thank you, this is exactly my point, why are eBay not doing the checks you would hope for when you raise a claim. I feel really let down all the way :(

If the seller had messed up, would be nice if they said they had but zero communication after giving them a number of opportunities to come back to me. This is why I feel duped!
  • merlotsmum
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    I would be phoning the seller to ask why they have not provided what i asked for.

Tried that, voice mail and mobile - sent text, nothing.

eBay - called and would not help!

Tired fighting it - left in hands of credit card company
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If only you had answered that first question.
    Too late. hopefully you are more forthcoming with your CC company.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    IF the cc company agree to a chargeback it will be in error, as third party payments are excluded. You paid PayPal (who is an intermediary) so no refund applies. On the odd occasion a refund slips through, your PP account will then be in debit due to the reversal. If you do not clear the debt, you will find there will be a default placed on your account and the account limited.

None of this resolves the original issue of what happened to your goods - the P.O. may have delivered it incorrectly but the tracking number will show which delivery office it went through - is that yours?
  • merlotsmum
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    IF the cc company agree to a chargeback it will be in error, as third party payments are excluded. You paid PayPal (who is an intermediary) so no refund applies. On the odd occasion a refund slips through, your PP account will then be in debit due to the reversal. If you do not clear the debt, you will find there will be a default placed on your account and the account limited.

None of this resolves the original issue of what happened to your goods - the P.O. may have delivered it incorrectly but the tracking number will show which delivery office it went through - is that yours?

Thank you for input, I paid using a credit card as I don't have a Pay Pal account. Refund issued and if seller challenges within 45 days, the credit card provider have said the seller needs to send them proof I have asked for, so after all this I may get my answer.

Two different phone calls to Royal Mail, each time they said the sender had addressed the item incorrectly. It was not to my name or to my address.

I asked the sender to send over the proof of postage and copy of signature of the person who signed. They agreed happily . . . . then I heard nothing!

When I chased the sender they said to take up with Royal Mail. I took up with Royal Mail who said ask the sender to send evidence. The circle started …… :mad:

If someone somewhere could give me the evidence that is all I wanted - it is the lack of this that is has been the problem.

I could cut and paste the recent feedback of the seller but don't want to create further issues until my cashback is guaranteed - as I said the seller is building up a number of negative comments, all along the same lines as mine :(
  • merlotsmum
    Options
    Update to my claim. In a nutshell, no items received and no evidence from sender after requests to prove postage.

I put in a dispute with eBay, came down on side of seller, still no evidence provided to me.

Took it to my credit card company as I paid by this method not PayPal.

They were able to get a document from the seller to say it had been sent BUT it was put together using 2 different documents to look like one.

Neither document alone could prove it was sent and nothing official from Royal Mail provided.

The credit card company upheld my claim. Seller no longer trading on eBay, I am guessing the raft of negative feedback on their page about non-delivery would not have left happy customers.

Regardless, it is really disappointing sellers conduct themselves like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure