Barclaycard dispute and complaints procedure?

2»

Comments

• batman2000
    batman2000 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    they're not used car salesmen, if they tell you they'll refund then they'll refund. Stop being paranoid.

Hmm... it's not paranoia talking, it's experience!
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm a Barclaycard customer and have been for two years. I've raised complaints with them, therefore am using my own experience.

This is laughable. I have a life. So no, I am not the "OP posting under a different account." Amazing what contributing to the forum can get you as a response!

I think the question asked was quite reasonable, your post refers to "the complaint", suggesting that you are taking about the same complaint as that in the OP. Had you said "a complaint" it would have been more likely to be understood as a generic response. People posting with a different userid to the one that they started the thread with is by no means unheard of, sometimes for entirely innocent reasons.
  • batman2000
    batman2000 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Quick update: I received another barclaycard statement this morning. And yes, the refund for the disputed payment was credited (£60) plus credits for late charges (£12.00 and £36.00). A small amount of interest was also credited. BUT there was still a balance of 61p to pay! This despite the account being closed some time ago.

So I paid off the 61p at the bank this afternoon and hopefully that'll be the end of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure