PIP first payment

I was hoping one of you lovely people could answer a question for me. I was awarded PIP and had my last DLA payment on the 16th February. Given PIP is paid four weeks in arrears, does this mean that I will get my first PIP payment tommrow?
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Easiest way to get your answer would be to ring them and ask.
  • wellynever
    wellynever Posts: 908 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You get paid today :)
  • Shecar
    Shecar Posts: 36 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I thought DLA was paid in the same way - therefore you should have had your payment yesterday?
    Very happy early retired Mum, surrounded by the Welsh hills, our dogs, cats, goats and poultry

:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart
  • sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    DLA is usually paid 3 weeks in arrears and 1 week in advance, so your first PIP payment would be due next week.
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • StinkerPinker
    StinkerPinker Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 March 2017 at 3:40AM
    My relative has just been awarded PIP after being transferred from DLA. Her award letter stated exactly the payment dates and amounts of the last DLA and first PIP payments.

Her DLA has been paid 3 weeks in arrears, 1 week in advance (though some people's are paid 4 weeks in arrears), whilst PIP is always 4 weeks in arrears.

As a result, her first PIP payment is 3 weeks after the last DLA, but on a different weekday, and the amount is a reduced pro-rata amount based on the number of elapsed days since the final DLA payment. Thereafter, the PIP is to be paid at the normal rate every 4 weeks on the new weekday.

Hope that helps.
    S.
  • drew49
    drew49 Posts: 1 Newbie
    just had my first payment from pip the amount that has gone in my bank dose not add up to what it says on the letter its less do i ring them or is it normal and i will get the right payment next month ?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    drew49 wrote: »
    just had my first payment from pip the amount that has gone in my bank dose not add up to what it says on the letter its less do i ring them or is it normal and i will get the right payment next month ?
    Your PIP award will tell you your payments. If the amount in your bank is wrong then you'll need to ring them and ask. As it was 5 hours ago that you posted this then you may have already rang. I know i would have, rather than ask on a forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure